THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Adjustable receiver sight for Mark X?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adjustable receiver sight for Mark X?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Mark X barreled action in 308. Completed rifle will have only receiver sight. My preference is that the sight be steel rather than aluminum. Unfortunately, I know nothing about receiver sights except what I've viewed as photographs of classic British rifles of between-the-wars 20th century.

Please identify currently made or discontinued American made receiver sights that you think will be satisfactory.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well my favorite would be a Lyman 35, mounts to the ejector box/ bolt release. Expensive, I have one and no I won't sell it.

Posts: 425 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
American made narrows it down, but Talley makes a nice peep sight that mounts to one of his bases (avaibale for most receivers) and yes...it is steel

It is only aajustble for windage....need to dope out the bead height.

Otherwise, some darn nice suff available from Recknagel, (German) distributor is NECG

Posts: 3453 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The classic Lyman 48m would be another good choice. Check ebay.

Posts: 1131 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Older Lyman 57s are all steel. I believe the newer ones have a aluminum base.

Posts: 522 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Williams 5D, or are they aluminum? I use them, and have not had any durability problems.

Homemade is another option, I've made simple ones for friends' rifles.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14370 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you saying your Mark X will only have a receiver sight, as in no front sight? That would require a red dot style sight, if I’m understanding your thread.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Redfield 70 receiver sight for a Mauser, if interested you can contact me at: bobtwining@sbcglobal.net. Do not try to PM as it is not working for me.

Posts: 384 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 22 November 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like the older Redfield's and Marbles, but have used the Aluminum Williams and no problems at all.

Guess my all time favorite is the Lyman 35s I have on my old world JP Sauers and son rifles. they are bloody expensive a $400 to $700 unless you get lucky and the seller doesn't know what he has..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote