THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Gila River Gun Works - Michael Scherz
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gila River Gun Works - Michael Scherz
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was poking around earlier today and ran across the website for Michael Scherz...AKA Gila River Gun Works. It looks like he does nice work. Has anyone had a rifle built by Scherz? Or anyone have one of his rifles?

Please share experiences if you have any.

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
The silence is Deafening!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I've had some past experience with Michael but it had a strange ending that I don't blame him for. I contracted with him to build a rifle. At the time his shop was in the back of a sporting goods store. He had all my parts and I had waited about a year for the job to start. It was about my turn in line for the job to get started when they got a freak hail storm and the building collapsed. My parts were buried in the rubble along with all of Michael's stuff. It took a few months for him to get all his stuff out, relocated and set up in a new location. About the time he was going get started again his wife got transferred and they had to move to a different state. Needless to say that was going to be another 6-8 month delay and we mutually agreed to cancel the order.

I personally found Michael easy to communicate with and never had any problems getting in touch with him. He did do a set of custom bases for my 1909 M98 before he returned it and they looked exceptional.

That's my yelp report for Gila Gun works.

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terry,
I've been looking for you.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Give me call. Still have my number?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My phone took a dump. They couldn't retrieve my address book.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
PM me a number and I'll call. You're cell is the only number I have.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My home # is 972 524 2247