Find
Notify
Tools

Ralf Martini 6.5x55 Take Down
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted
Ralf recently finished a rifle for my wife. Could not be happier. I am having issues with my photo hosting site. Would love to get some pictures up. If someone would not mind posting them for me can you please PM me your email and I will get them forwarded.

thx!

Mac

Posts: 1726 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 291 | Location: Coweta Oklahoma  | Registered: 08 January 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting! This one is on a GMA action. All integral octagon to round barrel.

He just received a Mayfair action for mine which is going to be in a 300 H&H. Going to do swing mounts on that one. Other than that almost identical to this one. Possibly finer engraving.

Mac

Posts: 1726 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spectacular craftsmanship that Ralf has made a career accomplishment. Beautiful as well.

ACGG Life Member, since 1985

Posts: 1789 | Registered: 07 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Incredible...

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 26 March 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Rifle. Thanks for sharing.
Have you had a takedown rifle before? Curious what Ralf’s experience on accuracy is vs a standard rifle?

Posts: 674 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
THAT is true love! Big Grin

Truly a magnificent rifle, in every way!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13396 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
Inspiring.

Posts: 1213 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who did the color casing? I love those colors.

Posts: 1220 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Holy moly that's gorgeous!!!!

DRSS

Posts: 1151 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is amazing!

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1479 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Ralf's rifle are always the highest form of the gunmaker's art! Certainly this is a prime example.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7531 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No doubt about it..the grand old Swedish cartridge is here to stay.

Posts: 3461 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac, that will be a fitting back-up rifle to your Marcel Thys 577 double.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
Mac,
Nothing short of perfection.
John

Posts: 749 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love it, really neat stock inky. I’ve never seen CCH match a stock so well the colours really compliment each other.

Posts: 373 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 13 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Mac on a fine new custom.

I sort of recall seeing a bunch of these super inky blanks for sale not so many years ago. Might have been on E---. Thought they were too black until I saw what Ralf did with this one. Nice one Ralf!

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5116 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Stunning.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
About sixty years ago word was out, "We are running out of good walnut". Well, like oil, that may be true, it just hasn't happened yet.
Stunning rifle.

Posts: 725 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What brand is the action?

KJK

Posts: 681 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 December 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Incredibly beautiful

Posts: 468 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 28 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kolo-Pan:
What brand is the action?

GMA

Mac

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice!!

Posts: 223 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh my. What a stunning rifle!!

A bit of pride of ownership I’d say…

Posts: 2591 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What kind of wood did Ralf use on the rifle and is that a rubbed oil finish - like the matte nature of it.

Posts: 504 | Location: California | Registered: 04 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
THAT is true love! Big Grin

Truly a magnificent rifle, in every way!

I would say so.....
Wow!

Posts: 10169 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ralf, is a Friend of mine and a neighbour as well. He is a true master of nis art, but, is now too busy.

I have never seen a superior gun artist and enjoy his work immensely.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a stunning rifle, congrats.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing. It is a beautiful rifle and a perfect example of the work of Ralph. He is among the best.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, just WOW!
That is all.

Zeke

One of Us
Picture of Wasserwulf
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I don't get it. I know it is very well-made but it could do with some restraint. The wood grain makes the stock look dirty and the color case-hardening looks like an oil spill. All overdone. In this case, less would definitely be more.

Posts: 28 | Location: Canada | Registered: 26 September 2022Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted Hide Post
I am amazed in awe at the beauty that I see. Unreal!

Posts: 606 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
I didn't want to be the first to say it, but I agree with Wasserwulf, way too busy for my taste. This is not to say the workmanship is not incredible, credit where credit is due, but I prefer a much plainer overall finish. Everyone has their own taste in these matters.

Roger

Posts: 1036 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Neither one of yu shuld feel like party poopers.

This is a forum, could be sonething like a seminar...Folks post their produects...perhaps hoping only for polite applause.

Polite applause really doesn't accomplish the spirit of seminar.

Constraint is an issue and it's fair to point it out .

Hope I've chosen my words caredully

Posts: 3461 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just fine to have different taste in a custom. Sometimes the line can be crossed into "gaudy territory." However, I would GLADLY trade one of my very nice but "plainer" custom rifles for that one. Just sayin...

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 26 March 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Exquisite workmanship. Surely destined to be a safe queen.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like it. I'd be afraid to hunt with it, but I like it...

Personally I would take fancy wood with simple point pattern checkering than a more plain stick with crazy ribbon patterned checkering. We all have our own unique tastes, that's what makes this so fun.

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:
Exquisite workmanship. Surely destined to be a safe queen.

No safe queen for me. Take that Miss Universe out and hunt with it, shoot it, love it. Never but a beautiful anything where it can’t be seen!,,,

Posts: 10169 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah...like a gorgeous lady ...Well...ya know what I mean.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That rifle will surely bring pride of ownership to the lucky lady!

Posts: 2591 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote