THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Help needed with the name of a custom builder
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help needed with the name of a custom builder
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Of all the bolt action rifles I checked out at the SCI show there was one particular rifle that stood out for me.It was a used rifle at the Westley Richards booth.A rifle selling for about 5000US with a Mauser action chambered for the 458WM.What I liked most about it was the stock.It was very attractive in a sense that it reminded me of the old english bolt rifles.The name of the builder was something like Nogarsaki or Nagorsaki-something like that.I once checked out this builder but have since lost memory.Can someone give me the correct name?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Julian Nagorski. I also handled the rifle and thought it was very nice.

One of Us
Picture of TwoZero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
Julian Nagorski. I also handled the rifle and thought it was very nice.

And for those that didn't make the show:

http://www.gunsinternational.c...cfm?gun_id=100244044

Posts: 270 | Location: Bay Area, CA | Registered: 19 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
What did the English know about making a good rifle anyway? Roll Eyes

Mike

Posts: 21243 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just reffering to a time when they were dominating the market and the rifles of that time.There were obviously nice rifles built back then.I am not a maniac about English guns I feel there are guns built just as nice today.The above rifle is a fine example,IMO.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It could be better.

Posts: 989 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The English were superb at and mastered the art of giving you a $1000 rifle for $8000 by adding $200 of engraving which read Holland Holland,Purdey etc.

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It always could be better,I agree.Some people don`t see it like that.They believe that we should accept a common view or take someones word for it-like following a Guru.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
quote:
KimR: The English were superb at and mastered the art of giving you a $1000 rifle for $8000 by adding $200 of engraving which read Holland Holland,Purdey etc.
They are even better at this nowdays, $10k rifles for $100k, or more.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FAST996
posted Hide Post
Partial bio for Julian Nagorski,

"He moved to Colorado to study gunsmithing at Trinidad State Junior College. He apprenticed under P.O. Ackley and graduated in 1949. He returned to Pennsylvania to start his own business and later went to work for George Schielke in Titusville, N.J.

In 1972 the family moved to Belgrade, and Julian opened a gun shop and sporting goods store which he maintained until his semi-retirement in 2002"

http://www.gunsinternational.c...cfm?gun_id=100032530

"A long life, and the good sense to live it." ...Quintis Arrius

375H&H,404J,416DAK,458AFR,416RIG,450RIG,505GIB

Avatar: Gregory Peck & Susan Hayward in Africa

NRA member

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
It always could be better,I agree.Some people don`t see it like that.They believe that we should accept a common view or take someones word for it-like following a Guru.

I think you missed the joke.

Posts: 989 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CHIPB
posted Hide Post
Don't know if he's still here or not:

Julian L Nagorski Gunsmith

23 W Main St
Belgrade , MT 59714
406-388-6934

Posts: 268 | Location: TUCSON, AZ | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodhits:
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:

I think you missed the joke.
No,I think I got it-you were quoting me from a thread long ago.