Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SPECIAL ORDER BLASER R8
 Login/Join

posted
HI ALL...Well I did it today...my retirement rifle...have just got myself settled here just south of Austin, TX...went to McBrides Guns in Austin ..a Blaser Dealer..details as follows..
BLASER R8 STEEL RECEIVER..308 WIN..MATCH CONTOUR FLUTED BBL
23 3/4"..Grade 4 Turkish Walnut stock w/ Safari Buttstock with Monte Carlo cheekpiece..BLACK BRONZED STEEL RECEIVER WITH R8 LOGO on both sides...Blaser rifle case with space for extra bbl and mounted scope...estimated delivery 60 days as it will be built in Germany due to the special order steel receiver...
OK now I need a scope...am partial to Swarovski...what say ye learned gentlemen...
Pete

Posts: 23 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 31 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pete, welcome aboard, and nice retirement gift to yourself! Now you'll be on the prowl for extra barrels, boltheads, etc. The affliction has just begun :-)

Posts: 20090 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pete,

Congratulations on your new Boomer.

My retirment present to myself was a K95 since I already had an R93 (now w/8 barrels).

The Blaser affliction has just begun .... like Biebs says, make the most of it.

tu2

Scopes? gotta love Swarovski but don't get tunnel-vision; there's plenty of good ones to fullfill those urges, Zeiss, S&B, Doctor, Nickel are real sleepers but great value, too.

Have fun.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Be sure to let us know how it shoots!
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter, no need...it's a Blaser :-)

Posts: 20090 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote