New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Ultimate Rimfire?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This must be darn close and is tempting as all get out.

http://www.hallowellco.com/dar...0miniature%20245.htm

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! It still needs some finish work but that is pretty!

Posts: 815 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
Goodness that is a stunner. Have not seen a treatment on the forward end of the ebony tip like that, amongst other embelishments and beauties.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2684 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
And I've been longing for the Kurtz 6 mm on that site also, guess I need to find a second job...Wink.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To VonGruff: A 404, a 7 x 57, AND A 22.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the story is behind that rifle. It looks like someone monkeyed with the triggerguard and left side of the action after the rifle was stocked.

I wonder if we could get Darwin or his son(Trez- he posts here) to weigh in.

Darwin's stockwork is some of my favorite from the "stylistic" camp. A true master!

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The more often I look at this the more I like it. What would it cost to "restore" the metal to original condition?

Posts: 815 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JBrown,
it looks like the trigger guard was shortened up and the inside the trigger bow safety converted to top tang safety. There is some evidence of welding on the bottom plate, just forward of the trigger guard.

That could be a real cutie finished!

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote