THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Montana Professional Hunter Action F/S
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montana Professional Hunter Action F/S
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Not mine. It is right-handed so no interest from me. It is Item #324 on the Gunrunner auction site.
I thought someone else may be interested.

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Off topic, but they list a national ordinance 03-A3 for sale on that site already up to nearly $500. Some poor guy will be in for a shock when he finds out it's not a real 03-A3.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by max(hm2):
Not mine. It is right-handed so no interest from me. It is Item #324 on the Gunrunner auction site.
built two customs off of the Montana 99 action. It has feeding issues, rounds get stuck. MY gunsmith tells me he is finished with those.

Posts: 602 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe they are out of business now. I bought the very first short action they made many years ago. Built a 260 Remington on it for my granddaughter. few years ago I built a 338 Win Mag. on there magnum action. I recall having a lot of trouble getting it right from them.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I hear Kimber is bringing the Montana back.

Didn't know they were gone. Not the big bore.

https://www.kimberamerica.com/montana

Posts: 6384 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sabretooth:
quote:
Originally posted by max(hm2):
built two customs off of the Montana 99 action. It has feeding issues, rounds get stuck. MY gunsmith tells me he is finished with those.

Worked on four of these ... All were a real POS!

Posts: 3453 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wasnt mine and I had no dog in the fight but it sold for over $1200 without the buyers premium and other fees.

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote