THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Various bullets shooting to the same POI.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Various bullets shooting to the same POI.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I figured to stretch things a bit with a final site in of the 280 Rem at 400 yds. The scope required no adjustment. In the group are a 145 LRX, a 140 TSX, and a 140 partition. The 140 accubond likes to go high.

I can't recall another rifle that was as relatively easy to please. It's nice for a change. Big Grin

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting.

What is the size of that target?

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
9X9

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been playin' around with a Ruger American in 223. Came up with a load using 55 Vmax that shot very well. On a whim, decided to try some 40s. Long story short, 1st 40 gr loading shot as well as the 55s, and to to the same point of impact. Wonders never cease.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My 416 Taylor puts 3 of 4 bullet weights into the same hole. The 300gr bullets are not that far off they would only require minor adjustment.

Posts: 19400 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good setup, Chuck,can you tell me more about the rifle?

Posts: 548 | Location: n.e.Mn | Registered: 14 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
nice-are you planning on hunting with it for sheep?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like the bolt handle is on the "correct" side too!

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2146 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is a Mark Penrod built Model 70 that I had rebarreled to 280 Rem by Jan Kolenbrander.

No sheep this year although that could change.