THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Are these the right Talley rings?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are these the right Talley rings?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi all,

Im having a Ruger No1 worked over and its going to have a custom quarter rib. I was wanting to use Talley QD rings, as I've seen on Martin Hagn guns and the Anderson built Ruger No1 300H&H thats posted on this forum, with the bsaes machined into the quarter rib itself

Are these the right rings for a Leupold VX3 1.5-5x 20mm scope?

http://www.midwayusa.com/produ...with-lever-matte-low

Bit unsure as 1" is equal to about 25mm I think, so might be too big for this scope?

Posts: 210 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 16 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're fine. We use 1" or 30mm scopes over here, with a couple of rare exceptions. It might held to supply the rings to the rifle builder during the build, to make sure he gets the fit right.

Posts: 20094 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply Biebs, yep I was wanting to get a few things from Midway at one time to save on shipping costs so the rings and recoil pad will be sent to the 'smith for proper fitting.

Good to know thats the right set of rings though, cheers!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck on the build.

Posts: 20094 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info! I havn't seen the Kimber rings before but I'll do a search and see what I can find.

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guys at Talley are very helpful, over the phone.

Gary has always been a great source of info and help for me over the years. HE has a customer for life.