New
Find
Notify
Tools

2015 Shilen Swap Meet
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It will be at Shilen Rifles in Ennis, Tx. on Feb. 28th. More info to follow.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch, what takes place there?

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Basically, it is a place where you can buy and sell your firearms, reloading equip, or anything firearms related. There is no charge to you to set up your table and sell. Shilen supplies free coffee and donuts in the morning and a chili lunch. They have their machines operating in the morning and give guided tours. Shilen usually has about 50 barrels that customers ordered and changed their mind on contours or twist. They are new with the same guarantee. They are much reduced in price. Shilen also has free drawings for product, barrels, triggers, and other things.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
its on my calendar..... thanks, butch!!!

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2829 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Be sure and look me up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just found out the Kelblys will be there with their Stolle receivers and their line of March scopes. Jerry Stiller will be their with his receivers and other products. Dan Killough will be in attendance with his full line of rimfire products.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been every year for the last 5. Neat trip and watching their barrel making process is cool......even though they don't show as much as they used to Wink

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Butch, could a guy get a list of the barrels that will be for sale?

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They used to make a list, but haven't in the last couple years. You need to be their early Saturday as it is like a pack of wolves around the rack.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got a .264 barrel a couple of years ago and it is the most accurate barrel I own.

Heck it's worth the trip for the camaraderie and the chili!

I'll see ya there Butch

Posts: 497 | Location: Edgewood, Texas | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote