Find
Notify
Tools

338 Sin build
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted
Diven Sinner of Sin Arms introduced a cartridge a few years back, he named it the 338 Sin. From his initial forum discussions I was hooked and started then to prepare for this build. Well today I closed the deal on a 26" K&P varmint contour 1/10 twist SS barrel, radial muzzle brake, 100 pieces of 330 Dakota brass, and custom 338 Sin FL die. All for under $1k. Now to send Devin my bolt and action so he can open up the bolt head and heads space the new barrel.,

Once I get it all back, I plan on topping it with a Vortex Viper HS-T 6x24x50. For now I will just bed it into the factory stock and decide later what to do about that.

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was looking at that round to fit into a Ruger MK2. My only reservation was the Nosler cartridge line. They came out with the 30, so the 338 should follow. That should be nearly identical to the Sin cartridge.

What action did you use for your build?

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Harold R. Stephens
posted Hide Post
I am building off a Savage 110 originally chambered in 7 mag. I was intrigued by Devin's cartridge and my wife suggested that I start my next build, so I am just trying to make her happy. Smiler

Founding member of the 7MM STW club

Member of the Texas Cull Hunters Association

Posts: 512 | Location: Granbury, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you are one fine husband, and a general, all around helluva man.

We salute you!!

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm lucky. I don't ask anybody to build a rifle or whatever and I don't monitor her purchases. I guess that I am the lucky one. Maybe 55 yrs of marriage does that. Yeah the same Lady.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hard to justify a wildcat 30, so many out there, and not enough difference in any of them to justify IMO..I love the 300 H&H (Im nostalgic) and with handloads it can approach the 300 WBY, and within 150 FPS of any of them..

Maybe Im getting old and played the wildcat game for too many years. Don't recall ever gaining much if I was honest with myself. However on paper one can play the game of down grading one caliber and upgrading another and use that for wonderful comparison, gun scribes been doing that number for years. sofa

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote