New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ken Warren?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have contact information for engraver Ken Warren? I acquired a custom Gewehr Mauser in 458 that he profusely engraved in this deep relief style. I'd like to find out something about the rifle and its history. I send some pix and a letter to his PO Box in Wentachee Washington, but it was returned as Forwarding Order Expired.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
would be suprised if hes still alive.lots of pics in 40s,50s,60s Gun Digests.

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, just wondering.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken Warren started engraving in the late 70's.
John and Floyd Warren were those prominetly displayed in the old GunDigest issues.

I don't know of any other contact info. He did run his engraving business under the name of 'Mountain States Engraving'. Perhaps that will lead somewhere for you.
You can try contacting the FEGA (Engravers Guild) and ask if they have contact info on him. I believe he was/is a member of the Guild.
http://www.fega.com/about/Contact.aspx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OOPS,John Warren was the one in the 50s.

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jcchartboy
posted Hide Post
Biebs,

Is this what you had?

JC

Kenneth W. Warren, Engraver
P.O. Box 2842
Wenatchee, WA 98807
Fax: 509-663-6123
Semi-relief, Sculptured Deep Relief, Restoration, Gold and Silver Inlays.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
JC, yes, that's the one I see all over when Googling his name. He did have mail forwarding, but it has expired. 2152, thanks, I'll try that name. I tried fega at Duane's suggestion, but don't see his name listed in the membership.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you didn't already, you can send FEGA an email and see if they have any info on him. They keep a 'historical file' on engravers past and present and update it as info is given to them.
The file contains both members and non-member info on the more recent names.
There's a chance they may have something. Sometimes these guys just quit the biz and go on to something else too.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks,,,I'll give it a shot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken passed away 2 or 3 years ago.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chic,

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that Ken had passed. I hadn't seen him for a few years, but I figured he was still chiseling away at the bench. Sorry to hear it.
TT

Posts: 455 | Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: 06 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TT,,i have a bunch of gun digest that were signed by john amber to warren thanking him for work that was done i have to dig them out ,,paul

Posts: 294 | Location: MASSACHUSETTS | Registered: 26 June 2006Reply With Quote