THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Stock Finishing - Techniques - Types & Brands - Success - Failures
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock Finishing - Techniques - Types & Brands - Success - Failures
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
The easy to apply GUN-SAV-R BY bROWNELLS is a great finish, comes in high gloss or egg shell finish..Last forever and stays nice..I used it from the start when Brownells introduced it on a few of my hunting rifles and they took a beating and kept on ticking..

I kinda liked the gloss sanded back to that egg shell finish, couldn't tell any difference, just depended on application..a slab of the same stock wood lasted in my roof top testing as well as Varathane but safe..

I did use it as a filler in that I finished a gunstock, sanded back to wood from 400 grt. then hand rubbed boiled Linseed oil with dryers and another piece without dryers on top as a finisher, God forbid!! shocker Not only was it LInseed beautiful, it lasted as did the roof top samples, so far and thats been 40 years ago and its still like new short of hunting abuse..I think that fill was the secret, dunno! but it worked.. but today I just use Gun-SAV-R, it will surley outlast me.. old

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ray got a check from you today, i did send you the rings and bases, right? just making sure.

Posts: 920 | Location: new mexico plains | Registered: 26 November 2007Reply With Quote