THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    How did you get into custom guns?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How did you get into custom guns?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:
quote:
Originally posted by M1Tanker:
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
. . . that bastard Forrest Bruch. My kids are working with a plaintiff's lawyer now on a lawsuit against Forrest for his role as an accessory in my squandering their inheritance. [Hey, if the tobacco companies can be forced to pay billions for encouraging someone with no self control to endulge themselves, it might just work for my kids.]

Can I join in and make it a class action lawsuit? Forrest is definitely a bad influence when it comes to custom rifles. He mentored me through my first custom rifle which was built by Dean Zollinger and James Anderson. Now I am hooked and jumping off the deep end with a little Mannlicher 7x57 on a mex mauser inspired by Forrest's Wiebe fullstock 7x57.

Drug addicts are allways blaming the dealer for their problem.

We will see if you can convince a jury of that Mr. Bruch. Just remember what happened to the tobacco companies. Some of us are just naturally weak and susceptible to the influences of others that intentionally fan their addictions.

Mike

Posts: 21220 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Double-D
posted Hide Post
For me it was a necessity being left handed and living in Canada, there just was not much to choose from 25 years ago. I started with Factory custom shop guns then went from there. From montain rifles to bench rifles to my last one a .458 Lott. Part of the fun is starting out with a action then making plans from there, like barrels, stocks, sights, triggers, and on and on. By chance I have another project on the go. I have a left hand 591 Sako action getting a light 23" .257 rbts barrel put on. I am spending my time making a plan for a nice light classic sporter stock to hang it on. There is a lot of satisfaction when the result meets or exceedes expectations and they usualy do, if they dont then there is no problem changing the detail that is not rite or even starting over if your wallet can handle it.

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:
quote:
Originally posted by M1Tanker:
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
. . . that bastard Forrest Bruch. My kids are working with a plaintiff's lawyer now on a lawsuit against Forrest for his role as an accessory in my squandering their inheritance. [Hey, if the tobacco companies can be forced to pay billions for encouraging someone with no self control to endulge themselves, it might just work for my kids.]

Can I join in and make it a class action lawsuit? Forrest is definitely a bad influence when it comes to custom rifles. He mentored me through my first custom rifle which was built by Dean Zollinger and James Anderson. Now I am hooked and jumping off the deep end with a little Mannlicher 7x57 on a mex mauser inspired by Forrest's Wiebe fullstock 7x57.

Drug addicts are allways blaming the dealer for their problem.

I'm not sure we should distinguish between a dealer, a pusher or a go-between, but at least Forrest has revealed which side he's on. Let's just say he facilitated my decision.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I started by doing my own work. Thumbhole stocks on a few varmint rifles. A trap stock on 2 rem 870's. Sporterized a few Mausers.

I actually sent a letter to a few gunsmiths when I decided to have the first rifle done. This was in the late 80's. I remember asking if they would only do the metalwork. A few wrote back that they only did complete rifles. No one wanted to do an octagon barrel.

It wasn't till the mid 90's that I got the rifle "finished" locally. It took 3 years of waiting for work to be done (or not done) to get the rifle and parts back from the first guy,
in Delaware.

Rich

Posts: 6399 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote