New
Find
Notify
Tools

custom wood for ruger #1?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
ive never really looked at the ruger #1 ecause I don't like the look of the stock . but I seen
what the original style rifles looked like. And I like it . mainly what I would call a spinter forend or how it tapers down

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/File:Farq2.jpg

could you o that on #1 ? .
wont be buying one any time soon since im getting a 585 HE. but I wanted to ask . or is there any other splinter type forends for the #1 ? I like short splinter forends if yall cant tell haha

Question:
can a splinter forend like the one in this picture be made for the ruger #1 ? never bought a #1 as I didn't like the stock shape mostly the forend

Choices:
know any stock maker who can do this ?
ive heard its 1yr turn around on most ruger #1 tocks. is that really true ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
1. Any stockmaker ought to be able to reshape a forend like that.

2. Depends entirely on the workload of the individual. The fact that it is a Ruger should have no bearing on the turnaround time.

Personally if that is what I wanted I would rasp the factory stock down myself. Unless you want a custom stick of fancy wood...

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if you could go that far, remember there is a hanger under there. But certainly some slimming down could be done.
Took a bit off the end off my #1 .300 Weatherby it sure made the rifle look less "front" heavy.
FWIW --- JOHN