Find
Notify
Tools

Flintlock pistol makers?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello.

Hope some can tip me regarding having a custom flintlock made for me.

Cheers all
Vegard_dino

Posts: 316 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might talk to ACGG member Mark Silver. He is just amazing, and can go real period authentic if you wish.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3285 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks
Will contact him Smiler

Cheers all
Vegard_dino

Posts: 316 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 08 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Mark Silver has a dvd out showing how he does traditional stock making.

I would recommend you blow $36 bucks just to admire his workmanship! Smiler

http://www.amazon.com/Traditio...id=1298323050&sr=8-1

John

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it's proper to refer another forum here or not. If not I'll delete, but you can visit www.americanlongrifles.com where you can find a bunch of custom makers including Mark. There is also a contemporary makers forum where modern makers display their work.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 827 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wee gez vegard_dino

I have a new web-site you may check out my latest work , even though I have no flintlock pistols pictured .

I have a long back-log but would be happy to quote a price ..

Thanks , hope to hear from you soon !!!

Posts: 343 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Vegard,

Matt and Toni Avant own TVM. Check with them.
Maybe Steve Loding?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote