New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jerry Kushnik- Custom Gunmaker?
 Login/Join

One Of Us
posted
I have been oooogling a nice 416 Rigby on a Granite Mountain action on Guns International on a Cabela's Maine ad. I have been doing some footwork on who did the work....Cabela's doesn't know and cannot contact the former owner??
My resources tell me that a gunmaker by the name of Jerry Kushnik of Salem Oregon did the rifle....it is quite nice with some engraving and a nice gold inlay on the floorplate.
I cannot find that name, friends from Oregon don't seem to know him and I can't find him in the Guild membership??
Wondering if any of you might have knowledge of and contact information for Jerry?
I like the rifle, I think it is over priced for an unknown/non-guild gunmaker...but I could be convinced otherwise.
I would appreciate any assistance in locating this fellow so I could chat with him.

Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2570 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't find any info on him.

I will be the first to admit that it is absolutely none on my business how you spend your money, but I think that rifle is overpriced by a factor of 2. At somewhere in the 6K range it might be worth consideration, but to each his own.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
I can't find any info on him.

I will be the first to admit that it is absolutely none on my business how you spend your money, but I think that rifle is overpriced by a factor of 2. At somewhere in the 6K range it might be worth consideration, but to each his own.

Interesting.....my thoughts too, but the scope is probably worth $2.5-3K too.....so at least under $10K unless we have a "known" gunmaker.

Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2570 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hard to tell how old or what model that scope is but the current equivalent at euro-optic would be about $2500, I think. IMO, that puts the value of the scope at about $1500 max. If it goes back to the 90s or before, I'd say more like a grand or less.

Although I can't enlarge the pics, the engraving looks well done. Assuming that to be correct with all known things considered, and with your scope insight, I'd think it would be a good buy at $6000 and a maybe at $7000.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote