New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kudos to McGowan Barrels...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
these days nobody, it seems, wants to do custom barrel stuff.

I like quarter-ribs on Express style rifles. Especially DGR's. Only two barrel companies, as far as I know, make barrels for the 425 WR. Neither of them do quarter-ribs.

However, McGowan offers quarter-ribs. I just hung up the phone after ordering two barrels, in 6,5mm and 8mm. Last week I ordered a 425WR barrel from Pac-Nor. They do not offer a quarter-rib. When I spoke with McGowan earlier, they said they would be happy to do the quarter-rib for me, just ship it to them.

This is a really nice thing to do. THANK YOU!! McGowan Barrels.

Rich
jumping

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
I have always had good dealings with them as well.

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice. But this is the internet and you know it didn't happen without pics. When are the quarter-rib barrels expected? Integral I assume?

Posts: 714 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin | Registered: 09 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Integral, of course! I just ordered the barrels, you can see them in mid April.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably got them to do it for a six pack of imported, huh?

Posts: 1307 | Location: South Puget Sound, WA | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks Duane. I was very pleased with the one they did for my 450-400-NE 3 1/4" barrel. They said it does not add any time to the delivery date.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Give Woody at Lothar Walther a call, not only the best barrels in the world but you can get one in ANY configuration, including oct, round, or both with quarter rib or what ever, also intregal front sights and swivels.

Why would one have an intregal quarter rib and not front sights and swivels..makes no since at all IMO...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41838 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
thanks Duane. I was very pleased with the one they did for my 450-400-NE 3 1/4" barrel. They said it does not add any time to the delivery date.

When are we going to finally see some pictures of how that thing turned out?

m4220

Posts: 217 | Location: US | Registered: 15 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that rifle is headed out to be finished, after a few false starts.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray,
I'm sorry, but I would be afraid to order anything from Woody.
Didn't know that anybody liked them.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll never run one of my reamers into another LW stainless barrel. One 10 years ago was enough.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch

I like him, he is always friendly and we talk a lot about barrels and configurations, and his barrels are the best ever. Maybe you need to brush up on your social skills! sofa rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41838 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No Ray,
Woody needs to polish his shitty person skills! I don't worry about it any more as I would never buy one regardless of the quality.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
butch,

I have heard a few similar stories. McGowan has always been open to doing custom stuff, and the five or six barrels I have put on hunting rifles all shot the one moa goal or a bit better out to at least 300yds.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Butch

I like him, he is always friendly and we talk a lot about barrels and configurations, and his barrels are the best ever. Maybe you need to brush up on your social skills! sofa rotflmo
Whistling

This sounds like brown nosing