Find
Notify
Tools

Who built - owns this custom.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted
Can anyone identify this gorgeous custom rilfe. I posted this pic on a recent thread and have been asked for more details but for the life of me I can not remember who posted on its build. Sure there was a thread on its build but cant remember enough detail to do a search.

Gratefull for any leads.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2684 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Looks like James Anderson's work

http://www.sdplains.com/%7Echico/

Posts: 6399 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If memory serves me its a custom .223rem built on a Charles Daly Mini-mauser action.

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
It's mine.

Shane Thompson did most of the metal work and James Anderson did the stock and a few other things. It has some wonderful engraving by Roger Kehr. It started life as a MARK-X Mini Mauser action. It was a huge job and nothing was left untouched before it was over with. One of the neatest things about the rifle is the G33/40 treatment it received. The action is HEAVILY modified and Shane's eye for detail really shows on this rifle. These are so many things below the stockline that have been altered it's amazing to see. The stock work by James Anderson is the equaly as nice nice and sets the rifle off perfectly. I can't find a flaw on it and it was exactly what I asked for. Both Shane and James were great to work with.

I ran several threads on the "work in progress" here on AR and had an on going thread on 24HR campfire. Both Shane and James provided pictures and it was amazing watching this thing come together from start to finish.

Work in progress

Finished

It made the cover of the Winter issue 2010 ACGG magazine and had a really nice write up about the rifle from James Anderson which I thought was so cool and a huge honor! tu2

It was a great project and through this business transaction I made some good friends.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
That's one of the most beautiful rifles I have ever seen. If you don't mind me asking, in a ballpark sense what does it run to build something like that? If you don't want to answer that I completely understand.

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
His work redifines perfection.
Timan

Posts: 1212 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC1:
It's mine.

I ran several threads on the "work in progress" here on AR and had an on going thread on 24HR campfire. ]

It was a great project and through this business transaction I made some good friends.

Terry

Thank you Terry. It really is an outstanding piece of design and completion to standards that leave most of us gasping in admiration.
I have saved the links provided and will savour them at leisure.

Again Thanks for sharing the rifle and its build with us.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2684 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote