THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Where can I get a long magnum length mauser extractor?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where can I get a long magnum length mauser extractor?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Where can I get a long magnum length mauser extractor? Thanks in advance.
Matt

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3287 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Matt, is this for the Rigby?

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only p[lace I could find one was Prechtl in Germany.....what a pain getting it in.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by z1r:
Matt, is this for the Rigby?

Yes, but I'm not totally sure if I'll need it or not. I'd like to get one and have it on hand just in case. The Rigby project has been set back a bit due to a bottom metal change. I bought one of Wiebe's 4mxj bottom metals designed for the 404jeff. Not my first choice, but the best option I could find. I recently came across some true Oberndorf Style Magnum 416 Rigby bottom metals (Pocket floor plate) made back in the mid 90's. These were production overruns for a contract with Rigby. They even hold 4 rounds down. They are beautiful!

Matt
FISH!!

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3287 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
The only p[lace I could find one was Prechtl in Germany.....what a pain getting it in.

Did you have to go through New England Custom Gun?
They import Prechtl actions for an arm and a leg.

Matt
FISH!!

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Matt,

Give me a call tomorrow.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will do

Matt
FISH!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
no, I did it myself. I am an importer also. Prechtl is hard to get a hold of by phone and email was difficult due to language issues. where did you find the Oberndorf style bottom metal and is there any mo5re available?

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I have two on Brevex magnum Mausers (416Rigby & 500A2) that I got from Brownells. Don't know who actually made them, maybe Jim Wisner.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
no, I did it myself. I am an importer also. Prechtl is hard to get a hold of by phone and email was difficult due to language issues. where did you find the Oberndorf style bottom metal and is there any mo5re available?

I bought them from Jim Wisner. He had four left at a terrific price. I bought two and asked to buy the other two after Christmas (I should be keeping my mouth shut). I told him that if he just absolutely had to sell them to someone else I would understand. I wanted to keep them around just in case I have some other hair brained project ideas come at a future time when I'm making enough money to fund them. I figured they'd make a good investment opportunity, if nothing else, given the fact that I can't find anyone else making them these days. Ted Blackburn use to make them, but no longer. Jim was selling some leftover Brevex size bottom metals as well. He might still have some of those.

Matt
FISH!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why not try and call a company that is making magnum mausers and see if they would sell you one.

GMA (Granite Mountain Arms) comes to mind.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good idea, but Z!R just found me one. Thanks anyway.

Matt
FISH!!