THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Finished scratchin' on a James Anderson project (pics)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finished scratchin' on a James Anderson project (pics)
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted
Customer's order...keep it simple, no borders. Just lettering and some scroll on the bottom metal and grip cap.

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1631 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Very tasteful and well executed.

Mike

Posts: 21211 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
As always nice work!

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Yep, very tasteful, appropriate.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Lee Baumgart
posted Hide Post
Simple elegance!

Posts: 570 | Location: Vancouver, WA | Registered: 28 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lost okie
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Sometimes less is more; and harder to do well.

Posts: 350 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 01 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can find nothing that I would change. Superb.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"260 Remington Four Cartridges"
I think this is the first time I've seen engraving used to transmit useful info, except for caliber, maker, etc. Nice. (And beautiful work, too.)

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonderfully done.

Posts: 455 | Location: Sierra Vista, AZ | Registered: 06 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very tastefully done.

Posts: 1991 | Location: Sinton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
I'd bet the the odds are high that there will be some photos posted of the assembled rifle in the near future.

Roger Kehr
Kehr Engraving Company
(360)456-0831

Posts: 1631 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Posts: 2652 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I really dig the grip cap. Don't compete with the access void, balance it with a clever and elegant design. Good choice.

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Stunning! I bet the finished rifle will be nice too.

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As always, great work by Roger and James. Top notch.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
Very nice

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1215 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like practical engraving too. One of mine says "218 Bee" on the buttplate. Another has the bullet weight and powder charge for which it was regulated. But when I ordered a custom shotgun, I ordered steel shot proofed 28" barrels, two sets of choke tubes, 3" chambers, fitted dimensions, true left hand action, and "all the free engraving they want to do". Surprisingly, the action has some pretty competent scroll.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote