New
Find
Notify
Tools

Firearms International Mauser
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have an action (no bottom metal)that is marked 'Firearms International Corp., Washington DC' on the left side, and ontop the front receiver it there is an oval that says 'Firearms International FI'. On the right side of the front receiver it says 'FN' inside a circle.

This was advertised as an FN C-ring action (its a magnum, 338wmag, boltface). But tell me about FI - is that the importer for FN actions...is it not actually an FN action?

thnx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its an FN action, imported by FIE, probably in the 50 or 60s. They were also importers of some Sakos.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Craigster. Are these that are marked FIE any different, materially, from the commercial FN actions that are marked 'FN Herstal'...etc?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't believe so.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any idea what year they started imprinting Firearms International?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
setch,

Check this out http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=65074, maybe bullshit, maybe not.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Even if its BS...that's damn interesting - thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
concerning the story posted by craigster. Recall reading once an article in a some gun magazine. As I remember, this surplus arms importer at one time had enough surplus rifles to equip 10 infantry divisions.

Posts: 194 | Location: Huffman, Tx | Registered: 30 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by setch:
Thanks Craigster. Are these that are marked FIE any different, materially, from the commercial FN actions that are marked 'FN Herstal'...etc?

some were threaded for surplus Spromgfield 03 barrels

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote