THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Taking a new McWhorter out for the first time today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Taking a new McWhorter out for the first time today
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Spring
posted
18 days after visiting with Tim McWhorter and planning a new gun, I picked up a new 300 Win yesterday. I'm thrilled with how the gun turned out and will be taking it to my farm later today to shoot it. Should be fun!

Custom Borden action with a helically fluted bolt, 8/40s
24" Hart SS match grade #4 fluted barrel barrel
McMillan BDL stock
Jewell trigger set at 1.3 lbs
Black Cerakote on all metal surfaces
Tally mounts holding a 1.7x10 Z6 Swarovski

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
<generalwar>
posted
Do post your results

one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
...I just shot the gun for the first time. The trigger is lighter than I'm used to, so the first shot from a cold barrel was 1 inch to the right at 100 yards. I then relaxed and the next two shots essentially went through the same hole at about 3/4" high. Nice start!

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I presume that the bolt handle notch came like that direct from McMillian ?

Glenn

Posts: 200 | Location: Calgary- Alberta- Canada | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote