New
Find
Notify
Tools

custom remington 600/660's
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
howdy folks. i'm a long time remington model 600/660 fan but have to say that those factory stocks leave a lot to be desired in the looks department. i'm looking for some ideas for replacement stocks, custom stock patterns, or reshaped factory stocks. anything other than the normal factory stock is welcome. please post any pictures of these that you have. they will be greatly appreciated. btw...the prettier the walnut(or other wood), the better Big Grin thanks is advance

blaming guns for crime is like blaming silverware for rosie o'donnell being fat

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM me an e-mail address and I'll send you some pics.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
not many people have model 600's with reshaped or after market stocks?? BTT

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
MPI makes a replacement synthetic stock. Richard's Microfit Stocks has a pattern, but you need to finish. It comes in all their styles.

I bought a 98% inlet stock years ago off of Ebay for $60. Great walnut and patterned after the factory stock - which I like. even going to copy the butt ugly checkering pattern and go with no grip cap.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3045 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Also check out the finished, ready to go stock at gunpartscorp.com

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3045 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
McMillian stocks for 600/660

https://www.stockysstocks.com/.../factory-barrel.html

one of us
posted Hide Post
AH..thanks for the replies. would you happen to have a picture of that stock from ebay? im wondering what the factory stock in nice walnut looks like. i'm thinking one in exhibition englich might look pretty good Big Grin. again...thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
I sure wouldn't drop a bundle on a 600 but I would reshape the stock, maybe rechecker it..Those stocks have a couple of pounds of extra wood on the..In the past, I did a few for locals and they really were pleased..shortened the forend, rounded the grip to a prince of whales style, a nice recoil pad and glass bed..Metal work can be a talley straight bolt, makes a nice hunter..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
I love the Remington 600 dog-leg bolt. I have one in 308.

I think the real sweet treatment of a 600 is a stock with a blind magazine to get rid of the bottom metal.

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by budiceale:
AH..thanks for the replies. would you happen to have a picture of that stock from ebay? im wondering what the factory stock in nice walnut looks like. i'm thinking one in exhibition englich might look pretty good Big Grin. again...thanks

I can post a pic after I get back from vacation - PM me to remind me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grandson's 600. Disregard the paint job. If a 10yr. old wants camo, he gets camo. It is a Brown Precision stock and chambered in 6X47Lapua.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I kinda of like the 600's laminated birch stock. Here is mine with an original Redfield scout scope & mount.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
Grandson's 600.

Nice! Thanks for sharing. What's the bolt/shroud setup on there?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a PT&G 3 pos safety, a PT&G bolt and Dan Armstrong of Fairbanks, AK bolt handle that he welded to the bolt.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've never seen that on a r700. Does the safety pull the pin back and reset the trigger? What if you set it on safe, then pull the trigger, then take it off safe--does it let the pin fall?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jpl:
I've never seen that on a r700. Does the safety pull the pin back and reset the trigger? What if you set it on safe, then pull the trigger, then take it off safe--does it let the pin fall?

Not yet.