THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Rigby Archive - The Rigby Society
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rigby Archive - The Rigby Society
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
As you may know, Rigby was founded in 1735 and has made firearms from the beginning. As part of that history, we have the Rigby archive which contains over 90 original journals, ledgers, account books and day books. We continue that tradition today by entering each Rigby customer into the current ledger. In addition, we are going back to the last ledger and updating all of the records for firearms sold, when we have the information, so that he have documented those firearms and originals buyers in the same way as we have done for the last 250 years.

Which brings me to today's topic. We have discussed the creation of The Rigby Society, an association of individuals that own a Rigby. Part of the idea behind the concept is to enable current Rigby owners to have their name, along with their rifle, shotgun, or pistol, to be entered into a Rigby Society ledger that will become a permanent part of the archive. Here are a couple of pictures that I took to give you an idea of what we are talking about.

Winston Churchill

His Majesty King George VI

Members are encouraged to register each Rigby separately (some folks own more than one). In addition, we will host Rigby Society events and Rigby Society members will get advance notice on new Rigby models coming out each year and therefore have the ability to place orders before the general public. As an example, we are debuting three new rifles for 2013. Before the inevitable barrage of questions flows in regarding what's new, I'm not telling until later in the year, most likely November or December.

Of course, your information will not be shared, sold or published publicly. I know some people will not want to register their Rigbys and that's okay. If you own a Rigby and want the benefits of membership, simply PM me and we can get you enrolled without registering. If you would like to become a part of the Rigby history, then by all means, PM me your email address and I'll send you the registration forms.

Posts: 131 | Location: London | Registered: 30 May 2012Reply With Quote