New
Find
Notify
Tools

Evolution USA rifles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any experiences with this company. I just found a brochure that I picked up at DSC. The prices seem reasonable and the show rifles looked nice. I am considering a .404 Jeffery or a .458 Lott

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
I think Edd has gotten a new gunsmith in there. I had him build a 400 Tembo and was unsatisfied. The stock was sent back to him for repairs, but finally was fixed by Roy Bedeaux in Albuquerque. Bedding was terrible and the rear recoil lug was force fit...to the point that the stock cracked. I've since had it rebored to 404 Jeffery and am considering a completely new stock.

That being said, I know others have gotten wonderful results from them. Caveat emptor.

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sorry to resurrect an old topic. just curious if anyone has any recent experience with this company's rifles?

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been to his place, there is no gunsmith shop, everything is subed out. You are paying for a local smiths work + Eds profit. He sells two doubles, the Chapuis, and the "evolution double" which is built buy a local guy on a Huglu shotgun action. Any custom work or extra barrels on the Chapuis are done by the same guy.