THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    New floor plate and trigger assemblies from D'Arcy Echols
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New floor plate and trigger assemblies from D'Arcy Echols
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey guys, I know how you all like to see new things for our guns, I've got a great one for you. I asked D'Arcy Echols the other day what was new and got some pictures in return. Behold the new Echols & Co. floorplate and trigger guard assemblies

Specs:
-made for the "G" series Model-70's, both Long (25-06, 300 Win, 416 Rem etc ) and Medium length (243, 308, 300 Short Mag etc)
-3 Piece units using all 3 guard screws
Made from 4140 C/M and 7075 Aluminum for the weight conscious
-Non Polished but with an excellent machine finish

And here's something I wouldn't have thought of, if requested the floor plate pivot hole can be positioned to allow for a +.006 gap between the front hinge and the underside of the F/P as well as the same amount removed from the release tab to allow for paint build up for those using these on fiberglass stocks.

He told me they're in stock for immediate delivery, $565 includes shipping in the USA

Sweet stuff.

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic stuff for sure!

Posts: 2658 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some Echols high quality M70 "G" series mag boxes would also be welcomed by some, I imagine.

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fabulous, though I suspect they are more correctly described as "trigger GUARD assemblies" rather than "trigger assemblies".

I have one incoming and look forward to using it on a project I've been working on for a looooooooong time.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks CAS, I knew that but didn't type it right. I'd like to see your project when finished.

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do they add a round down--ie WSM going from 3 down to 4 down?

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sweet looking work!

Anymore pictures?

Best,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They don't add any capacity. A properly dimensioned may box can yield an extra round though.

I suspect we will not see D'Arcy's mag box for sale, though I would love to be proven wrong. They are not a drop-in part and require opening the magazine mortise (among other things). That work is not easy. I suspect anyone with the tools and ability to do such action work would also have the capability of fabricating a similar mag box.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Received the set I ordered Thursday. Fit and finish is dead nuts. A good step up from the Blackburn I have for my pre-64. These are for the newer model 70.
Not a drop in replacment for Winchester bottom metal but instructions are very thourough.

Posts: 408 | Location: morgan city, LA | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote