Find
Notify
Tools

Project Pics / questions
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of odyssey
posted
I would like to get some opinions on my project below. I picked up a Yugo 24/47 from a friend on a trade, it was in good condition other than the originally tooling marks / sloppiness. I have been able to get this far doing the work on my own. Now that I need to buy the components and send it to a gunsmith I wanted to get opinions whether the action is worth spending the money on?

I would like feedback from anyone who has used this action as the basis for a custom rifle. I recognized that it is not a 1909, but is there any reason it won't make a reliable and accurate hunting rifle?

Any opinions on the work are welcome this is my first attempt at building a custom rifle from the ground up. Just be gentle Big Grin

Posts: 44 | Location: League city, TX | Registered: 21 July 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks good so far. One thing to remember, the 24/47 is an intermediate length 98, slightly shorter than the standard 98. When rebarreling keep the chambering in the "x57" family and you'll be good to go. The 7x57 would be my choice. The pics are of a rifle I built on a 48 Yugo which is also an intermediate 98.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Your work is looking good. That Yugo will make you a very nice rifle. Just go slow & take your time.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote