New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anderson Matched Pair
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A matched pair of rifles for my son and me. I hoped to have an heirloom set for generations to come and James came through in a big way. The set was inspired by Howard's Dakota set (https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971019521/m/8521038451?r=8241038451#8241038451). They started as G-Series Model 70's and James did an outstanding job building the set. They are chambered in 300 Win. Mag. so if down the road there are no handloaders in the family, ammo should not be an issue. My photos are not that good, so hopefully James could post some of his. I hope to enjoy them for years to come. Thanks James.

http://i699.photobucket.com/al...069.jpg?t=1409769028
http://i699.photobucket.com/al...banrolla/guns068.jpg
http://i699.photobucket.com/al...banrolla/guns067.jpg

Posts: 295 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tried to upload photos, but it looks like I screwed it up. Will try again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
absolutly beautiful rifles may ask where the wood was sourced

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The wood came form Roger Vardy as matched pair. Roger was very good to work with.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous. That's as close a matched pair of stocks as I have seen in a long time. Are the rifles dimensionally identical?

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glen71,

Yes, they are exact. My son and I are very close to the same dimensions, so they were made the same.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
James Anderson is one of the very best artisans today, IMO. Congratulations!

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
That's great that you both can enjoy such fine rifles, and as always James Anderson done a knock out job.

Enjoy!

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
James is great and Roger Vardy is a great person to deal with. His wood is top notch.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those open grips are really nice. What are some of the other details? Barrels? Bottom metal? Bolt handles? etc.?

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! Congratulations!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lindy2,

Sorry, I should have listed more details. I was pretty frustrated trying to post pics, I lost my train of thought. I'll give an account as best I can.

G-Series Model 70 actions, trued
Krieger barrels, (11.25 twist, I believe)
Port opened up to load rounds to 3.60 OAl
Match chambered to 300 Win Mag
Magnum length magazine boxes fitted
Oversized extractors fitted, to completely
fit inside rear bridge
Custom scope bases for Talley rings
Custom stock with blanks from Roger Vardy
Pillar and glass bedded
Red recoil pad

There's probably a lot more that James could elaborate on, but that's what I can remember off the top of my head. And they shoot, amazingly well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
beautiful rifles, Mr. Anderson turns out some of the best rifles. He really has a great style and balance to the eye is perfect.
Elton

Posts: 239 | Location: branson mo | Registered: 28 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic. Congratulations on something that will generate great memories for generations.

Howard
Moses Lake, Washington USA
hwhomes@outlook.com

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. These projects usually end up so much more than just the sum of their parts. These two are basically sn!per rifles in a fine suit. Roger's wood added nicely to the sum. I haven't had time to do any processing to my pictures. Here's a few rough pics. The first one is me adjusting the rifle to get the best reflections to show detail. My son shot the picture through my Canon70D using an app on his tablet. The Canon EOS Remote Appis pretty handy. You can use any smartphone or tablet to connect to the camera and see what the pic is going to look like in live view before you shoot it. You can tap the screen anywhere you want to focus it on the subject and take the picture without adding vibrations to the camera. Sure glad I'm not still shooting with a film camera. Not knowing what you've got until it gets developed.

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1841 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just perfect!
Thanks for sharing those beauties with us.
Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The love of a father for his son is a beautiful thing!

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Some fine rifles. Congrats.

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, congratulations to both of you.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote