New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom case for custom rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Where would I go to get a custom case for a nice takedown rifle?

Posts: 10260 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marvin Huey
Huey Gun Cases, Inc.
816-444-0983

American Custom Gunmakers Guild, member

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3290 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ColoradoMatt:
Marvin Huey
Huey Gun Cases, Inc.
816-444-0983

About $2500?

One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dogcat, check out www.jeffsoutfitters.com They have some all leather and canvas/leather hard cases at reasonable prices. I haven't bought from them in a long time, so I can't comment on recent transactions.

Good luck.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
This is what I did.....purchase a Pelican case, then find a FOAM PACKAGIN CONVERTER in your area. Every major city has about 3-4 companies that specialize in this.

Ask for CROSS LINKED FOAM, its what they use for shipping painted automotive parts. Best protection available !

Posts: 11 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 21 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Give Gary Nicholson at Case-It a call. email= caseit@q.com or (541)450-7017

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Ross, if you want to fly with it, as in, on an airplane, I’d advise you to skip the oak and leather, and go straight to reinforced aluminum. Americase will build you anything you want. They have built custom cases for me for several rifles and shotguns. Highly recommended.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13466 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, all depends on intended use....display, carry to the range, or travel....whole different designs.

Posts: 20124 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ross,

As suggested go with the heavy aluminum if you want to really travel with it. The baggage handlers somehow actually managed to peel back some of the aluminum on my heavy ICC case. I can't imagine what they could do to wood and leather.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12914 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. Americase it is!

Posts: 10260 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote