THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CUSTOM RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Custom Built Rifles    Help - looking for link/source for .223 length dbl sq-bridge Mauser action
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help - looking for link/source for .223 length dbl sq-bridge Mauser action
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have the link for a .223 length double square bridge Mauser action? I think there was some info posted on AR a while back.

Thanks!

Posts: 1361 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
The Sako L461 or A1 is "double square bridge", but does not have claw extractor, which should not be as critical for a 223.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CZ 527 half ass fits that description off the shelf if you can live with the detachable magazine.

B.O.H.I.C.A.

Posts: 49 | Location: Bakersfield California  | Registered: 27 November 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Johannsen offers a DSB mini for that length.

http://www.mauser-rifle.com/cm...ini.html#prettyPhoto

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5111 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
That link may not work. Try this one.
http://www.mauser-rifle.com/cms/en/

Posts: 5111 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
One of those would be so cool!

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I agree. Too bad nobody has any of those in stock in the states. At least I'm not aware of any....yet.

posted Hide Post
Roger Green has FZH actions in short sizes. $3500
http://rogermgreen.com/gunmake...w_mauser_actions.php

Posts: 16 | Location: Maine, USA | Registered: 24 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Brno ZKK-601s were available in 223. A little large for the cartridge but smaller than most Mauser type actions. Scarce but several have shown up lately on GB, one with integral peep sight.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I second the Sako L-461..I made a 223 African on that action for a fellow some years back and my 6x45 African is on the round top Sako L-461..Makes a nice walk around varmint gun, but Ive actually used the 6x45 on deer, antelope and on cull hunts in Africa more than on varmints..I figured I could get by without the control feed on such a gun, and its never failed to feed anyway..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41850 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some outfit sold those little mini-Mausers in .223, can't remember the name of them or who sold them, but it would be easy to double square bridge one of them, it would be cute for sure...I had one for a couple of weeks but it didn't feed very good so I sold it..

I opted for a Sako L-461 for my 6x45, and stocked it in English pattern safari style stock for my walk about DLG rifle..That Dangerous Little Game rifle..Beware of charging rock chucks, coyotes or those vicious Jack Rabbits that plague the Owayhee desert behind my casa, go with a stopper caliber such as my 6x45 as there are no trees available and have you ever had to climb a Sage Brush?? beer

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41850 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
""""I opted for a Sako L-461 for my 6x45, and stocked it in English pattern safari style stock for my walk about DLG rifle..That Dangerous Little Game rifle..Beware of charging rock chucks, coyotes or those vicious Jack Rabbits that plague the Owayhee desert behind my casa, go with a stopper caliber such as my 6x45 as there are no trees available and have you ever had to climb a Sage Brush??""""

Yes I have!
If you've been to the bottom of Battle Creek, down Dickshooter Ridge, the sage is about 12' high and Lord only knows what kind of dangerous vermin dwell there!!!!!! Your 6x45 would be perfect for sure. I was a little under-gunned with my Sako Vixen triple-deuce but I came out alive.

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I turned my brno 601 into a 22/250 love that action