THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CATS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Cats    messing with domestic cats
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

messing with domestic cats
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have found a good ( harmless way ) to mess with domestic cats. It's fun and harmless ( unless you're way too cloose ) Take a "Q" tip and muzzle load it into an air gun ( rifile or pistol ) shoot it at the cat if it hits the cat it will just scare the crap out of it, if you miss and shoot over the cat the sound will freak it out. My grandmother ( an avid bird watcher tought me this ) I do this in memerance of her. Hope you guys like this , I can still see her laughing when ever i do this. Thanks for reading this.....lost

Posts: 25 | Location: nc | Registered: 02 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Or buy an Airsoft, great for breaking up cat fights.
Also excellent practice on fast moving targets. If you can hit two cats going full speed in opposite directions ... your GOOD.
And it's sort of humane as well, better to get hit in the butt with a few plastic BBs than have have your face ripped to bits in a fight.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i would think about shooting a cat with your air rifle and a q-tip............. when i first got my rws model 34 i thought a good way to quickly clean the bore might be to shoot a q-tip through it.......... the thing penitrated an in side door from about 12 ft......... acted a lot like a piece of straw powered by a tornado......... we have seen pictures of or seen first hand straw stuck into the side of a tree from the force of a tornado......... please think about that when shooting an animal with a "harmless" projectile.............

LIFE IS SHORT.....

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tasco 74:
i would think about shooting a cat with your air rifle and a q-tip............. when i first got my rws model 34 i thought a good way to quickly clean the bore might be to shoot a q-tip through it.......... the thing penitrated an in side door from about 12 ft......... acted a lot like a piece of straw powered by a tornado......... we have seen pictures of or seen first hand straw stuck into the side of a tree from the force of a tornado......... please think about that when shooting an animal with a "harmless" projectile.............

LIFE IS SHORT.....

I wish someone would have warned me a bit sooner!

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a pretty unpleasant pic. What would make a guy take a pic like that? bewildered

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Posterity?

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
It works safely if done with a Daisy Red-Ryder BB "spring-air" gun, but is not safe with a true air-gun. The Red-Ryders will also shoot wooden matches the same way...when I was a really small child, we used to shoot matches against the concrete sidewalks, just to see them light-up. Thank God we didn't start any neighborhood grass-and-then-house fires....

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I should have said that my air gun is a well used crossman 1400. might not be a " real" air gun ( but it's mine ) I only pump it up 3-5 times.

Posts: 25 | Location: nc | Registered: 02 September 2008Reply With Quote