New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not much of a cat person.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've never really cared much for cats, but a few years ago we lived way out in the country and my wife wanted some Manx cats. We got her som and the only thing I can say about them is that if you don't like cats and your spouse is determined to have some or you need some to control mice, get a Manx. These things act like dogs, they don't have that "catty" personality at all. We had two and every time I went out the back door with a rifle to go hunting at least one of them had to go with me. I had a .22 spinner target set up in the back yard and every time I was shooting at it one of them had to sit about 3 feet away from it and watch the spinners as I shot them. I'm sur I could have trained them to fetch my squirrels for me. LOL Smiler

Even my spell checker wants to replace Obama, it just doesn't have any suggestions.
jerry.baldwin06@comcast.net

Posts: 354 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: 08 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are cool cats.
I had a huge Siamese tom that would retrieve birds.
He eventually had to be sent to a farm to live as when he got older he got real mean and he killed or mutilated nearly every animal in my neighborhood.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a striped Yellow manx tom.
He was the most foul tempered animal I have ever had the sorry pleasure to have know. (I miss him anyway)

Oh I trained him to fetch squirrels...That worked REAL well.

Never did train him to give them up.

All attempts at that were a complete and utter failure.

And the scars on my hands from trying have faded over the years...

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote