New
Find
Notify
Tools

vz 24 action: did i get hosed?
 Login/Join

Picture of .243man
posted
i bought a vz 24 mauser large ring action at a gun show. its allready drilled and tapped, looks as though it has been re-blued or is in very good condition. it has a bolt with a turn down handle and the bolt has been polished. i paid 50 bucks, did i get hosed? and does anyone have anymore info on the vz 24 action? thanks

" I'd die to win, because i'm born to lose"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .243man:
i bought a vz 24 mauser large ring action at a gun show. its allready drilled and tapped, looks as though it has been re-blued or is in very good condition. it has a bolt with a turn down handle and the bolt has been polished. i paid 50 bucks, did i get hosed? and does anyone have anymore info on the vz 24 action? thanks

As long as the holes are accurately drilled and in positions that are usable for you, you did alright in my opinion. Geez, I drink Johnny Walker Blue label scotch and have paid $48 bucks a shot for it in some places...now THAT’S getting “hosed!†Smiler

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick 0311:
As long as the holes are accurately drilled and in positions that are usable for you, you did alright in my opinion. Geez, I drink Johnny Walker Blue label scotch and have paid $48 bucks a shot for it in some places...now THAT’S getting “hosed!†Smiler

Rick0311:

Somebody much wiser than I once said that they spent 90% of their money on whiskey and women... and the rest they wasted! Smiler

John

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jpb:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick 0311:

Rick0311:

Somebody much wiser than I once said that they spent 90% of their money on whiskey and women... and the rest they wasted! Smiler

John

It has certainly been my experience in life that there is no such thing as free P*ssy. You’re gonna pay for it one way or the other, so you might as well get your money’s worth! Smiler

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes you did and I will gladly take it off your hands.

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
quote:
i paid 50 bucks, did i get hosed? and does anyone have anymore info on the vz 24 action? thanks
No, you certainly didn't get hosed, if the action's in good condition. As for info, it's just a good quality standard M98 type Mauser action, made by the Czech national arsenal in Brno. If it has a crest on the receiver ring (the old Czech one was a fancy lion) or other markings, they'll tell for whom it was made, as will the serial number. The most commonly seen ones at the moment were made for the Romanians and have an R in the letter prefix, like one I have numbered FR3xx.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

You got really screwed, I feel bad for you, I will give you the $50 back, if you send me the action!

Posts: 1547 | Location: Lafayette, Louisiana | Registered: 18 June 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of .243man
posted Hide Post
so by the looks of the responses i did a good job. ill post some pics when i get a barrel and a stock on it.

Picture of .243man
posted Hide Post
by the way, you guys all rule, your a bunch of smartasses just like myself!

Picture of .243man
posted Hide Post
my serial number is 5814x3, whats that mean? anything?