New
Find
Notify
Tools

MidwayUSA refuses to ship to Soldiers overseas
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
MidwayUSA informed me today that they do not ship to APO/FPO addresses (i.e. Soldiers overseas, most often in wartime area like Afghanistan). They told me it was "for the safety of our troops" which is ironic considering I was trying to purchase a knife from them for me to "protect my own safety"...

Given their ill-informed policy (multiple other companies including Blackhawk, Amazon, etc. ship to us at APO boxes using USPS at no additional charge to us or the shipper) I would ask that you all call/email them and voice your displeasure with them, as well as not spend any money with them until they try to help their country's service members help themselves!

Posts: 354 | Location: MD | Registered: 11 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
I'll check it out. Question... didn't you bring one with you? I swear I brought one too many. Your better off just buying it from another site. There are so many companies that support the military.

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 596 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They could get in trouble for shipping a lot of the the items they sell to APO/FPO addresses. It is hard to keep track of which items they can ship there. It is much easier to just say nothing goes. While I don't agree with it as a service member I can respect it. They sell way too many items to distinguish between what is legal to ship to APO/FPO.

Posts: 411 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 28 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
It is not Midway's decision. It is a State Department (DOS) rule/law. A lot of merchandise cannot be shipped overseas and DOS made it so difficult for a business to get exceptions to the rule that most will not ship anything.

Have someone stateside order it and then reship it to the APO/FPO.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The ITAR (International Trade in Arms Regulations ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I..._in_Arms_Regulations ) make it very difficult to legally ship some things overseas.

Rather than run the risk of running afoul of the regulations, some vendors that carry materials that would violate ITA chose to ship nothing ... just to be safe.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you need someone (me) to receive and then forward to you......happy to oblige.
Alex
aax1@bellsouth.net

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have ordered Mauser parts to complete a .375H&H Magnum project from Brownells.. they unfortunately was not able to ship it to South Africa due to the same restrictions...so I think these restrictions is not applicable on the soldiers outside USA borders..alone.

Posts: 113 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 22 August 2012Reply With Quote