Find
Notify
Tools

Straight pull Swede rifle
 Login/Join

<reverenddan>
posted
Friends,

I was wondering if anyone in this forum has any experience with the Swiss straight pull rifles in 7.5 Swiss caliber?

It seems that a bunch of these have hit the market recently and I was considering ordering one of these.

If you have one have you used the new Hornady ammo?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Been using the k-11 for thirty years, it's great. Been using the k-31 for a couple of years, it's great also. I think Horn at present is just selling the brass but will soon have loaded ammo. I might be wrong but this is the last that I heard. Best-o-Luck

Posts: 267 | Location: Tampa | Registered: 01 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Tippex>
posted
Not to be irritating but a swiss rifle isn�t a Swede. A swedish rifle is a swede (M/96 and M/94) :-)

<Slim Chance>
posted
I bought two of them. Pull the butt plate off and lok for a small label. It has the original owners name and unit. The roman numeral and number stamped in the stock under the buttplate is the month and year the stock was made.

one of us
posted Hide Post
They got a very good write up by gun test magazine.

Posts: 487 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
<.>
posted
Ammo seems expensive and hard to find. That might change.

one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine just got his K-31. The fit and finish are first rate. He loaded up some brass he got from Graf and Sons and the thing really shoots, too. I may have to get one myself, only because they are so unique.

Fast Ed

Posts: 128 | Location: Delafield, Wi. | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
<ProudCR>
posted
Hello reveranddan. I have two of the Swiss K-31's. I bought 1 from Century and the other from AIM. I refinished one to like new condition the other is exactly how I received it. Both are excellent shooters with mirror bores. I used one for deer hunting this year with reloaded ammo. (got a doe) I put a scout mount and a LER pistol scope on it and it is dead on at 100 yards. Right now you can get one from AIM for $89.95 with free shipping. They also have milsurp ammo Swiss GP-11 for about $3.89 for 10 rounds + shipping.The only thing wrong with mine is the butt of the stocks are a little beat up. That is why I refinished one. The rest of the rifle is just about perfect. I hope this helps.

<reverenddan>
posted
Thanks everyone for the input. I think I will order one of the Swiss rifles. They look neat and not everyone on the block will have one. And since they are a C&R there won't be any "fees" from my FFL.

I am always on the lookout for something interesting but not too expensive. Any ideas please sound off.

one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
I've been interested in one of these also. Anyone know of a dealer with one in the Shenandoah Valley?

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote