One of Us
posted

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
That is GREAT.

No better person to do the tribute.

Thank God for all those brave young men all those many years ago that changed the world back into a place fit to live.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Amazing, I wonder how they found the photo?
Maybe the local newspaper ran the story years ago

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
salute patriot salute

My Grandfather survived the battle damage of 2 ships in WWII, the USS Hilo and the USS Orestes, by going over the side. He said going in the water the second time was the hardest thing he ever did. It's something I've never had to do and never want to.

Those were hard and bloody times. We owe a debt to those that went on the front lines.

Posts: 2940 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice. | Registered: 26 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it is called Americas greatest generation
now their children (me included) have turned into one of the worst. What happened

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
May we all thank God for those who serve out front and those at home who support them. What a great story and tribute.

.....fortunate son

Posts: 20 | Location: Outside Atlanta, GA | Registered: 15 July 2009Reply With Quote