Find
Notify
Tools

303 question?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of PoppaW
posted
I was looking at a no4 mk1 and possibly a no4 mk11 and was told the difference was a pinned trigger. Can anyone help me out or is it a big deal?

WOODY
Everyone is allowed an opinion, even if its wrong.

Posts: 419 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 10 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One has the trigger attached to and pivoting on the triggerguard (the No4 Mk1), the other has the trigger attached directly to the action.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PoppaW
posted Hide Post
So would it be better then to get the mk11 as this seems to be more like modern guns.

WOODY
Everyone is allowed an opinion, even if its wrong.

Posts: 419 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 10 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think it makes any practical difference and the only way to tell, other than the markings, is to take the gun apart.
Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It makes no difference at at all, except that the parts relevant won't interchange. The theory is that on the MkI or I* changes in humidity will allow the woodwork to swell and so alter the relationship of the trigger to the sear.

You will also find some MkI and MkI* rifles converted after WWII to MkII configuration. These were then know as MkI/2 and MkI/3 from memory! In all cases the easy way to tell is to look at the bottom ironwork.

Posts: 6815 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In addition to what has already been stated, the #4 mk2 was produced during peacetime. No wartime shortcuts or quotas to make. They are also usually in better condition since they were'nt drug over some battlefield somewhere. In my opinion the #4 mk2 are the best of the Enfields and the last. Get the mk2

......civilize 'em with a Krag

Posts: 291 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote