NRA GOOD?

NRA VERY GOOD?

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$60
$80
$100

Posts: 1547 | Location: Lafayette, Louisiana | Registered: 18 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guess I'll wait until Big 5 puts them on sale.

They're asking $180 for one in VG at the moment. But Big 5 is supposed to put them on sale sometime in the future and they will be between $100-$120.

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
$0 (to me fair condition is junk)
$80
$100

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D Humbarger:
$0 (to me fair condition is junk)
$80
$100

2 years ago I was buying very good ones for $55 at the gunshow

Posts: 1547 | Location: Lafayette, Louisiana | Registered: 18 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaMan:
Guess I'll wait until Big 5 puts them on sale.

They're asking $180 for one in VG at the moment. But Big 5 is supposed to put them on sale sometime in the future and they will be between $100-$120.

DaMan:

I know a few guys locally who have purchased the CZs on sale for $79.95 to $89.95 on sale at Big 5.......But they were also selling the Turkish ones for that price...
I'd look close at them.. the average guy behind the counter at Big 5 around here wouldn't know the difference between a BB Gun and a 458 Winchester.....

I think looking around at gunshops... you could do better than what Big 5 offers on both price and quality.....

You should be in a good area for selections....

cheers
seafire
beer

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think looking around at gunshops... you could do better than what Big 5 offers on both price and quality.....

Easier said than done.

-Spencer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I checked out the "Vz24" (which the salesman said were on sale for $99.95 and in "excellent" condition).

Turns out that the "Vz24's" the salesman told me about are actually Yugo M24-47s from Century Arms. The one on sale was mismatching and I'd say in about NRA Fair-Good condition. I passed on it. Frowner

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShopCartRacing:
quote:

Easier said than done.

-Spencer

How true, Spencer! ......How true!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spenc and DaMan....

You boys evidently live in the wrong neighborhoods...Around here we have plenty of gunshops.. and beating Big 5 pricing isn't hard at all...

That or you boys don't like cruising thru and window shopping at various gunshops evidently....

but to each their own...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
seafire, most of the local gunstores don't like to mess with the lower priced (under $200 per gun) type military stuff. I guess they figure that they just don't make enough money on the transaction but still have to do the same amount of paperwork and the same background check that they do when selling a more expensive firearm.

The Big-5, on the other hand, buys truckloads of surplus guns from Century and sometimes puts them on sale. The Big-5 I frequent saves time on the background checks by doing several at the same time.

Sometimes you can get a screeming deal on a real nice firearm (like my $90 K-31 in VG condtion) .....sometimes you can't....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Da Man;
That may a viable point in your local market....

Here background checks are $10.00.... for one or 10 firearms at the same time....usually no waiting...

I have 3 different VZ 24s....

I also have a Turkish 8 x 57 that was made in 1945....It was supposed to have head space problems... but I took it over to a gunsmith who ran a head space gauge into it and told me it was just fine...The rifle had a stock in great condition.. and came with the bayonet etc.. shot it at the range as I originally bought it just for the action... to change into a 6mm Rem varmint rifle....This thing was highly accurate...

I got the rifle for $39.00 at the AxMan in Missoula Montana when I was going to Billings to go prairie dog shooting two summers ago....