Find
Notify
Tools

602 company.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted
My son with an m24rifle and a member of the 602 commandos company this company performed distinguished operations during the MALVINAS WAR.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
My son with a member of my scout unit with a scoped fal ,i carried one but later i change it for a 1911 and my cz308.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Distinguished Operations? But Juan, you lost miserably Big Grin

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Indeed i woul prefer to respond you personally front to front and you can see a bit of my unarmed combat training,at my advanced age,i dont want to discuus with you because i believe you never read a word about the war if you read some of the ENGLISH authors you can see what they think about our pilots for example WE SUNKED MANY SHIPS indeed ,it was the greatest lost of ships of the english navy since WW11,furthermore you can read the exploits of battalion 5 of marine infantry or 601,602 company .
In majuba hill the boers gave the english another good lesson ,but i have a great respect for english soldiers .....indeed for any spec ops soldier of the world ,you cannot say the same. DRJUAN PABLO POZZI MD.

DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grizzly you offend all the argentine members ,you dont respect english or argentine deaths,do you know the the SAS lost more fine men here than in all campaings since second w war,do you know that some fall in a 602 ambush,do you know about the pilots that flithed over the waves ,.....please have your mouth closed ...you are a totally ignorant .LIEUTENANT MARCOS A. FISCHER

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar professional hunter

Posts: 331 | Location: Argentina | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Obviously, Argentinians don't have a sense of humour Big Grin The fact remains that it wasn't one of the wisest move they ever made. You can talk about the bravery of the 602 Company, but the average soldier in the field, a conscript, was there because he had no choice, was poorly supported by his government and took the opportunity to surrender as soon as possible. The navy abandoned the field after the sinking of the Belgrano and air cover dwindled away after suffering high casualty rates. End result, the Falklands are still British.. A poorly conceived war by a bunch of generals, trying to maintain their grip on power.
Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
You are pissing way out of the pot in here , "grizzly adams" Roll Eyes

The war was indeed lost, but the term "miserably" cannot be applied to it nor to its result, something I cannot say about your writings and overall thoughts bull

I am afraid this war's causes (from either side) are way beyond your knowledge, but of course you can express freely all your wise comments Roll Eyes - just respect the "rules of engagement" and please do it in the political forum

At least try to show some respect and don't hijack a thread to call some attention upon yourself... if your ego needs so, start your own and have some fun with whomever might follow you ...

And do yourself a favour and study at least a little bit more about the South Atlantic War (causes, events, effects and historical background), Argentina, UK (under maggie's gvt) and third parties involved (NATO, Chile Mad and others) trying not to forget considering their own specific political situation reigning at that moment - if not for your own sake, just to let us think your opinions about this matter deserve some respect pissers

Afrikaander (an Argentinian of very good humour !) Cool

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
Are we talking about the Falklands War? From 1982? It is over.

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams:
Obviously, Argentinians don't have a sense of humour Big Grin The fact remains that it wasn't one of the wisest move they ever made. You can talk about the bravery of the 602 Company, but the average soldier in the field, a conscript, was there because he had no choice, was poorly supported by his government and took the opportunity to surrender as soon as possible. The navy abandoned the field after the sinking of the Belgrano and air cover dwindled away after suffering high casualty rates. End result, the Falklands are still British.. A poorly conceived war by a bunch of generals, trying to maintain their grip on power.
Grizz

Grizzly adams,
Thanks for your posts but they show an incredible lack of humanity........
Much people suffer because that war, on both sides, including my parents as I was involved in it.
I had a FAL in my hand all the war guarding and working for the front even thou the war ends before I was to be sent to the islands.
You should read more:
Do you know how Argentine forces took the island without killing one British soldier?
Do you know that the BIN 5 never surrender?
Do you know how many British ships were hit?
It is funny as I have been in contact (via email) with a fellow gun nut that is living in Stanley from december 1982. Eeker

Both side desrves due respect. Both govenment send them to fight and they do it with honor. ou can loose a war but you sohuld never loose humanity and respect for the fighter.
Thats my humble opinion, I hope you reconsider your position, not for me or the others but for you.

Thanks
Martin

PD: You manage to get answered for almost every argentine in the forum. LOL

Double Rifle Shooters Society member from Argentina.
My doubles:
.577 Snider by W.Richards.
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this the pissed Argentine forum?? shocker

If you Boyz want to come over to the PF we can see if any of you can tell us non-Argentines which single unrelated factor caused the start of hostilities in your spate with the British!!

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
I would say it became the pissed argentine "thread" after the first response made !! Big Grin Big Grin

No British particularly involved in here... in fact, it seems that most probably it is a canuck Confused (or at least living in Canada) whose quite offensive phrases were quoted in the previous posts ...

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Macifej,
Please read all posts:
Both side deserves due respect. Both govenment send them to fight and they do it with honor. You can loose a war but you sohuld never loose humanity and respect for the fighter.

Thanks
Martin

Double Rifle Shooters Society member from Argentina.
My doubles:
.577 Snider by W.Richards.
.58" ML by Pedersoli

Posts: 358 | Location: Bahia Blanca - Argentina | Registered: 14 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not taking sides at all just wondering if you guys who were there know some of the backroom dealing and stratagizing which facilitated events. Some may be surprised to learn about the relationships. I started the thread over on the PF if you guys want to contribute. This is about history and politics not the war per se. Big Grin

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
Well, the war has been over since 1982...

Juan, thanks for posting the pics of you and your son...

regardless of side a soldier served on, he still should have the respect of other soldiers elsewhere...

Cheers to you and your son..
beer & salute

seafire

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A cousin in second degree of mine was the first Argentine who died in Malvinas, trying to preserve the lives of the 80 Englishmen who where left there as a garrison, thus I fell entitled to say something about that war. Our boys, almost without training or food and suffering from frozen limbs, bravely fought the NATO forces for one and a half month. As per the English commanders, without the help from their allies, they could have lost the day. I don´t know the true origin or purpose of that cursed war, but for some guessing of Thatcher´s need of keeping in office. So, my dear fellows, I wish to add that there is very convenient to be well informed about all facts before criticizing our soldiers. Keep in mind that de 602 never surrendered to the enemy.

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams:
Obviously, Argentinians don't have a sense of humour Big Grin Grizz

If this was an attempt at humor, than I must not have your sense of humor either. Your statement was not funny, it was stupid.

Posts: 3494 | Location: Des Allemands, La. | Registered: 17 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
quote:
Falklands War

Seems to me, like most wars it was a waste of lives and material. Old men sending young men off to die.
Why not settle the issue with a football game and everybody toasting the winner some beer.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Grizzly Adams;
I think that the "key" was that You used the unhappy & wrong expression "Miserably" Frowner, G.A. First figth in a War !!! later, maybe, You have the right to make all the jokes to Your camarades or enemy regarding lost of Human lives and Heroes fighting alone Wink. A simple apologized will be a good choice to finish this sad discussion. Regards: Guille.

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote