Notify
Tools

Those Black Trucks......
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted
From a friend.............

"long a go and in a different life I used to work at a place that made things like this...SWEL...Special Weapons and Electronics Labs...at Vint Hill Farms VA...thats when the ARMY made its own stuff...now days they just contract it out....(I didnt work on the vehicles...I was in the automation end of things but got to see some really neat stuff)........."

[[Delted]]
Chief, TSB

Just what I need on I-285

Have you ever wondered what all those extra SUVs are in the Presidential or VIP motorcades? You know, the ones with blacked windows that no one gets in or out of.

Well, wonder no more. They have a 6 barreled 7.62 mm mini gun. They fire over 4,000 rounds per. minute .... The wipers need to be run to remove spent casings when the weapon is firing.

This video is from the company that makes this happen. The vehicle is also armor plated.

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Go to www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOyt6imlgLo

I wish I had one of those - think how long it would take to reload all that ammmo!

Lord, give me patience 'cuz if you give me strength I'll need bail money!!
'TrapperP'

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Oh yea.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Dillon makes a few other things besides reloading presses...

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like they corrected all the GE miniguns problems.

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dillon has been in the Gatling gun business for a number of years. Anyone remember his video "Firestorm in the Desert"? That video is probably 10 years old now, and still a real classic. Dillon aero has been making their revised 7.62mm GE mini-gun for many many moons, as well as some other variations thereof. Check out Dillon Aero.

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Dang, I need one of those for my morning commute! thumb

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ricochet
posted Hide Post
Several years ago someone posted a link to a Suburban with a 20mm Vulcan inside.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posts: 1325 | Location: Bristol, Tennessee, USA | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of those vehicles recently made a guest appearance on Myth Busters and shredded some stuff.

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Teat Hound
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, I wonder if I can get one in Commiefornia??? bewildered

Pretty cool though.

-eric

" . . . a gun is better worn and with bloom off---So is a saddle---People too by God." -EH

Posts: 952 | Location: Bakersfield, California | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The President's SS motorcades have something very similar.

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13639_1-9761803-42.html?tag=blg.orig

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote