Find
Notify
Tools

Special French Forces in Paris
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.c...-1678793691/+pgeorge

A good outline of the weapons and abilities of various French forces.
But the revolver ?? Not for me . 2020

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Interesting, thanks, a number carrying semis in the video clips.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
The .357 Magnum Manurhin revolver is just one of many weapons in their arsenal.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last time I competed in IPSC, in overal ranking I was 61 (on 183 competitors) I had my SW 610, they were all pistols and averagely 25 years younger than me.

Ask Wink about how I defeat most high capacity pistol toting shooters.

With my Manurhin MR 73, my interval between shots is averagely 0.12 sec and not with minor factor ammo.

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Come on Edmond

A good man with a revolver will beat a tyro with an auto at that game, but a great with a revolver can't keep up with the good with an auto.

France has some great shooters (Like M. Grauffel) but unless you were shooting against a relative lot of newbies that says the average french IPSC competitor is not too good, or the COF's were made to be VERY revolver friendly. You just lose way too much time with a reload every 6 shots on the clock against a guy who has to do none or one and can plan it when he has a significant move to make.

I have shot with Jerry Miculek and at 3 gun matches he will not shoot the revolver as people like me can beat him with an auto (admittedly a 29 round open gun) and I know exactly where I fit in the greater realm of things.

0.12 splits are good (actually excellent with a wheelgun), but that isn't all of it in IPSC as I am sure you know...

Posts: 10639 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am 60% of Grauffel in overall ranking, confirms your analysis.

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
60% of his score is ungodly good with a revolver.

A tip of the hat to you, sir.

Posts: 10639 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! That's the reason I quit shooting pistols in IPSC )))