Find
Notify
Tools

Saiga 308
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of CK
posted
Just bought this rifle the other day, AK47 action with a 16 inch barrel in a 308, seems like a pretty effective package. Any of you folks had any experience with this rifle?

Posts: 653 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Galil??? derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CK
posted Hide Post
No, the Saiga is all Russian and made at Izhmash factory. http://club.guns.ru/eng/sig308.htm

Posts: 653 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I want one.

I've seen some with scopes and Drag stocks. They look sharp, but aren't as accurate as I'd like. So there is that tossup. Cool gun, pretty cheap, but the accuracy is more AK than .308 bolt gun.

Posts: 510 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CK
posted Hide Post
After few more times out on the range with the Saiga 308, it has proven to be more accurate then what I can hold with open sights so far. Most targets are gone within a few shots - I'll say again, for the money the Saiga 308 will hang with other 308 semi's that cost hundreds of dollars more in the accuracy department IMO. I'll slap a scope on it after the first of the year to see what it can really do.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Cool gun, pretty cheap, but the accuracy is more AK than .308 bolt gun.

A couple of other boards report sub-2 moa with nothing special ammo. Now all we need to see is the easily refitted 308-2 (the version with the trigger in the correct spot for a conventional pistol grip) imported now that the ban has sunset. Good hunting!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm curious to see if one could be "accuruized". Recrown it well, and find a way to at least semi-free float the handguard.

Posts: 510 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote