Find
Notify
Tools

Poor Military Supplier
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted
I don't normally do this, but I am going to list the name and address of the worst military firearms supplier I have run across since 1968!

Military Gun Supply, Inc.
3815 East Loop 820 South
Fort Worth, Texas 76119
Phone 817-457-6000
Fax 817-457-6007

I sent them a signed copy of my FFL, a company check for the full amount of two NEW AK-47's, and all the other paperwork they required.

4 days later my check cleared my bank, but they informed me that they hold "personal" checks for 2 weeks.

Two weeks passed and they had no record of my order.

I sent several emails to them, and made a couple of phone calls. My emails were ignored, and my phone calls were answered with, "We do not notify dealers of the name of the carrier and we NEVER release a tracking number"!

They finally responded three days ago with a message that the firearms I ordered were in Billings and would be delivered "the next day". Well, three days have passed, and FedEx, USPS and UPS have no idea where my firearms are, and they have no record of anything being shipped to me from the above listed address.

This is one company that I would strongly suggest that EVERYONE stay totally away from.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’m assuming that you have notified the proper authorities in Montana and in Texas?

Mail fraud is still a crime, I think. Smiler

Just to cause them some additional grief, call the BATF and report the firearms as “lost in transit†and give them the name and FFL# of the company that supposedly shipped them since they are still the legal owner of record.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
Time to contact the Postal Inspector!!

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Okay...they arrived.

MGS is not totally at fault here. They did tell me that the rifles were shipping on the 8th, but the UPS shows differently.

In addition, UPS managed to screw-up the delivery. They sent them to the wrong place!

Date/
Time Location Activity

Aug 18, 2005
5:45 A.M.
WOLF POINT, MT, US
OUT FOR DELIVERY
3:15 A.M. WOLF POINT, MT, US ARRIVAL SCAN
Aug 17, 2005
11:57 P.M.
GLENDIVE, MT, US
DEPARTURE SCAN
11:54 P.M. GLENDIVE, MT, US ARRIVAL SCAN
8:45 P.M. BILLINGS, MT, US DEPARTURE SCAN
6:18 A.M. BILLINGS, MT, US ARRIVAL SCAN
2:35 A.M. HELENA, MT, US DEPARTURE SCAN
Aug 16, 2005
10:40 P.M.
HELENA, MT, US
ARRIVAL SCAN
7:00 P.M. CUTBANK, MT, US DEPARTURE SCAN
9:52 A.M. CUTBANK, MT, US AN INCORRECT ROUTING AT A UPS FACILITY CAUSED THIS DELAY;THE PACKAGE WAS MISSORTED AT THE HUB. IT HAS BEEN REROUTED TO THE CORRECT DESTINATION SITE
5:37 A.M. CUTBANK, MT, US ARRIVAL SCAN
Aug 15, 2005
8:20 P.M.
BILLINGS, MT, US
DEPARTURE SCAN
10:42 A.M. BILLINGS, MT, US ARRIVAL SCAN
Aug 12, 2005
10:30 P.M.
COMMERCE CITY, CO, US
DEPARTURE SCAN
6:22 P.M. COMMERCE CITY, CO, US ARRIVAL SCAN
11:00 A.M. SALINA, KS, US DEPARTURE SCAN
6:32 A.M. SALINA, KS, US ARRIVAL SCAN
1:44 A.M. OKLAHOMA CITY, OK, US DEPARTURE SCAN
1:26 A.M. OKLAHOMA CITY, OK, US ARRIVAL SCAN
Aug 11, 2005
10:00 P.M.
FORT WORTH, TX, US
DEPARTURE SCAN
9:36 P.M. FORT WORTH, TX, US ORIGIN SCAN
4:49 P.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
And here I thought it was all over...

Subject: RE: ROMANIAN AK 47 RIFLE Item#: FICEAK47
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:35:11 -0500
X-MS-Has-Attach:
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:
Thread-Topic: ROMANIAN AK 47 RIFLE Item#: FICEAK47
X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.5.7226.0
Thread-Index: AcWkWkX6yXeiSaTISuCX2jrNkMRXzgAf4QDo
To: "Steve" <steve@stevespages.com>
X-ELNK-AV: 0

Well geee wiz! Nice to know that all our "bullshit" as you put it so eloquently in your last email wasn't all "bullshit". Also, thanks again for all the "kind" posts, angry emails & threats from your board members email etc.. that have emailed us for nothing and telling us that they will never purchase any item from our "shitty" store, or that they well make sure that our business gets shut down etc, due to your post. Please be sure to also post on there that ALL of your fuck wad bord members can keep their business and make sure the hold true to their promises of never shoping at our store. But any way, thanks for the email. MGS.

And my reply was:

Well, you see, it is like this...

I apologized and also advised those who "cared enough to send their very best" that the error was not totally on your part.

However, this entire situation would have been avoided if YOU had done three simple acts:

1) Shipped on the 8th as you told me you had;
2) Given me the name of the carrier and the tracking number, so that I could have seen that UPS had screwed-up;
3) Answered my emails.

As I have stated in a previous email, I have been dealing in firearms since 1968, and I have never had a jobber/distributor/wholesaler refuse to give me the shipping information.

You might be interested to know that I ordered firearms from two other companies, one order on the 12th and another on the 15th. Both orders arrived on the 18th, and I was able to track them easily because these companies do supply the requested infromation.

MY standard operation is to send an email with my intent to order, and then send a check and a file copy of my FFL the same day, after they give me the total price of the order.

THEIR standard operation is to notify me via email or telephone they received the check and the order, and give me the name of the carrier, the tracking number and any other pertenent information.

NONE ever take 30 days from the time of my notice of intent to purchase until I receive the items ordered.

You might be interested in knowing that I am not the only person who has had difficulty with your company...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like this guy already!

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Geez....I guess I will indeed be a "fuck wad" and take my business elsewhere. In fact, I didn't send them an email but I think I will now. Business must be really good!

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I would not buy anything from them either. Look at their feedback.
http://www.auctionarms.com/Help/feedback/DisplayFeedbac...53.0&Rating=Negative

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewUserFeedback.asp?User=341287

Also some negative feedback on Ebay. YOu know if you read some of it, they always have and answer. On auction arms they always seem to sell the item to someone else.

You did no harm in reporting them. They do not run a fair shop.

Posts: 304 | Location: Texas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Bedhead
posted Hide Post
Also notice they choose not to have their feedback numbers displayed on their Auction Arms auctions, whereas most other sellers do...ten foot pole time...

"this website scares my co-workers..."

Posts: 8 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 18 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
What I like is the guys ability to write a proper business letter. 1ST class op there.It is 10 foot pole time indeed.
Gene

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While on this note, can ya'll recommend a top-notch military weapons' parts supplier? THANKS!

Posts: 53 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 17 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Norman:
Geez....I guess I will indeed be a "fuck wad" and take my business elsewhere. In fact, I didn't send them an email but I think I will now. Business must be really good!

I guess I am also a class 03 "fuck wad". Me and my 03 FFL will continue to shop elsewhere. There are still a few milsurps I need to add to my collection.

I shop most often at AIM and Allan's Armory with an honorable mention to Aztec. Get most of my parts from Numrich.

Other parts suppliers
http://ssporters.com/
and
http://www.tngunparts.com/

ZM

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you for this post.
I was going to buy some parts from these people- but now I'll pass on that....

Unproffesional behavior in a seller turns me off fast.

-Badger-