New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: 3 Questions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
And Charles Askins I believe necked down the 8mm Rem Mag brass about a day after it was introduced, calling it the "7mm-8mm Rem Mag". Nothing new under the sun, I guess. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Grasshoppa: Savage rifles are made in the USA. STW stands for 'Shooting Times Westerner' (after the magazine Shooting Times).

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

And Charles Askins I believe necked down the 8mm Rem Mag brass about a day after it was introduced, calling it the "7mm-8mm Rem Mag". Nothing new under the sun, I guess. - Dan

Cheeze n' rice! I had an 8mm Mag. Beat the snot out of me. The only rifle I've ever owned that I couldn't hold onto when shooting off-hand (and I own and shoot several big bores).

I can just imagine pumping all that juice through an even smaller hole!!

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually Fischer, I have both a 7 mm STW and an 8mm Rem Mag. I don't find either of them too bad to shoot at all. My 340 starts to get my attention, and a 378 Wby I used to own reared up a fair bit, but the worst felt recoil of any rifle I own is a Win Model 70 in 270 Winchester. The Monte Carlo stock just belts me every time I shoot it, not fun. I put into a classic stock, and it's a pussycat now. FWIW - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote