New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Model 788 in .222
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For what it is worth, I would give the guys at Bashaw Sports a call about prices. I just bought a Savage 12BVSS in 22-250 with the accutrigger (September). VERY NICE And the prices were way better than anywhere else, including wholesale, thank god (can't stand wholesale).

I am in love with this gun. It shoots like a dream. I only shoot factory loads and can still do under an inch group, with out any problem.

I bought that gun because of what every body has been saying about the accuracy. They were not lying.

The reason I didn't go with the synthetic stock was that it was to lite. When I grabbed it in the store the stock would touch the barrel.

Enjoy what every gun you decide on.

Graylake

Posts: 187 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: 15 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Graylake-I'm with you, will buy from Wholesale if I can't get it anywhere else. Find most of the guys in hunting rather arrogant. If you don't mind my asking what was the cost for your Savage? Thanks-Karl

Posts: 214 | Location: Cochrane Alberta Canada | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
when I bought it I paid $830. I have never regretted the decision to buy this rifle. It is heavy, but I have gotten use to the weight. When I chase coyotes around the farm I am running up to a 1/4 mile to get them and I have had no trouble with the extra weight.

Ditto with the wholesale guys. When I use to work for the Fish & Wildlife I would go in there to buy supplies, and they would not give me the time of day or just harrass me about what I was looking for, UNTIL they found out who I worked for. Then all of a sudden they were my best friend and a bunch of the salesmen would gather around to talk. What BS. I just can't stand going in there. But enough ranting.

I hope this helps. Any other questions, ask away.

Graylake

Posts: 187 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: 15 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just for the record, the guys at Russell's in Calgary are first rate. On another website heard about a shop in Edmonton selling Savage 11FS for $439 in blue. Too good a deal to pass up if they can find me another one, they are out of the .223. I thought I might even give a .22-250 a try although it is more cartridge than I need. Thanks to all you guys for the info. Karl

Posts: 214 | Location: Cochrane Alberta Canada | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Know what you mean about Whoresale. Hate the fact that most behind the counter there think they know it all when they know so little. Arrogant peons.

Posts: 372 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote