Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted
Sorry if this has been posted before...

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 7mm-08
posted Hide Post
Thats funny. Gives more strength to the argument of how to properly protect yourself in bear country. I prefer a 12ga pump action stuffed with slugs or 00buckshot(whichever is legal for the season). The bear spray is for the bleeding heart , tree hugging ,"bear feces wanna-be's".

Posts: 80 | Location: Camrose, Alberta | Registered: 30 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I notice it's the Fort Steele Campground. Obviously someone there has a sense of humor.
Not bad advice though, except for the unmentioned Plan B, which in my case would be Plan A, lethal ordnance. Big Grin
Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Collins:
Sorry if this has been posted before...

Funny Sign!
Hey Collins I see by your sig line that you shoot a 458SOCOM. Been wondering about this load and the Rock Rivers AR in the cal.
Someone told me you can just change uppers on your AR15. Is that so?
Any info would be great.
MM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.../watch?v=qVQc386js7g

www.setfreesoldiers.com
www.soldiermade.com

Montana Maddness
Set Free Ministries MT.

7 days with out meat makes one Weak!

Posts: 422 | Location: Fort Benton MT. and in the wind! | Registered: 06 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Off topic...
Just swap the uppers? Yes. It even uses stock AR mags, I use steel ones they just seem to wear better. I really love the round. It may be the most versatile ever... 250 gn "X" bullets for lil stuff. 350 gn soft round nose for 2 legged, and on upto 600 gn Barnes originals for the truly nasty... OK, the slightly less than truly, but you get my point. It really is a goto gun at this point. Mine is built on a DPMS stainless receiver and it does recoil more like a 12Ga than a .223. It's not a benchrest gun, but (other than a Barret) I don't know of Mag fed gun that's as reliable as this at sending a LOT of lead downrange

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Way cool I have been wondering if I should look at it more. You just made up my mind. I have a M&P 15 so I do have a good rifle to start from.
Thank man!
MM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.../watch?v=qVQc386js7g

www.setfreesoldiers.com
www.soldiermade.com

Montana Maddness
Set Free Ministries MT.

7 days with out meat makes one Weak!

Posts: 422 | Location: Fort Benton MT. and in the wind! | Registered: 06 June 2008Reply With Quote