Find
Notify
Tools

Where will it end
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Where will it end:

Today was the perfect day for the gunrange,5deg above, no wind (happens here only twice a year) and overcast (good for the crony)so I load up the truck and away I go.
Get there the range is closed they are logging just behind it.
Go home and phone the range master to find out the scoop: the range is closed for a month and when they are done there will be 25Y of trees left behind the backstop and than nuclear waste land for as far as you can see,makes you wonder if there is no other place to cut trees.

As I am talking to the man about the latest at the gun club I am finding out that I thinks the Government will imply this summer the camping ban for the eastern slopes.
This means that there will be no camping other then on official gov. campsites ($15 per night)this will be a trial if it pans out it will provincial wide.
THESE ARE THE CAMPSITES I WAS TALKING ABOUT IN THE GRIZZLY THREAD
This is driven by industry (mainly oil and gas) who are afraid of sabotage and liability there are some 2200 sourgas wells around here and a lot of them have H2S gas it is costly to protect the public from this so they just tell the Gov.people it is unsafe, and what are the people doing there anyway camping in the bush?
It seems they where successful.

It just makes me wonder where it will all end.
I left the old country 20 some years ago ,of all the country's available I picked Canada figuring this being the second biggest of the world there would be lot's of room.
I remember walking in a parkinglot the first week I was here thinking I was in heaven ,there where more bloody guns in the pickup windows than in the biggest gunstore in Amsterdam.
The pace of living not so idiotic,cars actually stopping when you wanted to cross the street.
Shoot your gun,build a fire ,camp where ever you want and all this with nobody else around.

So here we are15 years later, I working in a mine on the eastern slopes living in a small town (5 traffic lights) and I am still in heaven.
Behold !!!!!! the environmentalist, Behold !!!!!!!!! the I know what's best for you people.
People get killed back east,Wendy sees a opportunity to make a name and some money and starts yelling for gun control,the Government know's you can,t regulate lunatics but wants to give the impression to do something and also sees a opening to look good at the UN (Canada and Japan are the biggest contributors to the global disarmament) implements C68.
Gone are the guns in the pickups.

The mine a stretch of 10 by 1 KM a needle prick in the nearly 4000 Km of foothills, located on the border with the national park.
For 25 years 500 family's made a living there, covering up the tracks as they went it holds more wild life then the park 400 Big Horns etc.
When it was time to move to a other pit the environment people got wind of it and to day there are 60 people working there.
Reason being the eastern slopes are so close to the park that they are really sort of part of the park alto the park boundry is right on top of the first mountain range.

When this was done they had a good look at all those people having so much fun on those eastern slopes with all that camping,snowmobiling and those ATV's
Well today there is no more snowmobiling and ATV's on the slopes,now if you are over 50 and short of breath or are no longer capable of hiking 40 miles you just have to go to the park ,pay your $10 to get in and than there will be a company that is more than willing (for a fee) to show the mountains to you from a distance.

After that they closed of the best Elk hunting area for vehicles and camping so no if you shoot one you carry it out on your back and be quick about it before the meat spoils

So here we are today:
This summer they will force the campers all to official Gov. campsites.It's best for you to go to this nice site with those other 100 people no more of this solitude nonsense besides why would you want camp out there by yourself anyway you may run into a Grizzly.
Talking about Grizzly's we better get cracking on this hunting ban for next year.

Where will it end?

I don't know but I think we will loose,I talked until I was blue in the face in the old country it made no diff,I talked until I was purple here with C68 it made no diff. I worn out a case full of pencils in writing letters it made no diff,most people don't want to get involved or are to busy working to pay there taxes.

I got 20 good year out of my last move,maybe I can get the last 20 in Montana

Regards Martin

Posts: 327 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Martin, I hate to tell you this but I know people in Montana and Wyoming and things are getting ugly there to. Besides,unless you are a millionare and have friends in high places you just might not qualify for immigration to the US under the new rules. Tell you what though, take a look at the area in the Western Okanagan. You might like what you see there. derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Americans need to read this. Anyone who has ever been to Alberta, can tell you it is close to heaven. However all of these environmental freaks who usually don't live in the environments they are trying to "save" ( I use the term very loosely). If they do, they move there, grow illegal drugs ( okay for them to polute their little bodies and minds tho isn't it?) for a living.

These wackos are not indiginess to Canada or California or anywhere else. They are everywhere. They are people who know nothing about what they speak, yet act like they have the authority of God in all that they say,

Did you ever notice also they are busy passing laws, that never apply to them, and they never have to pay for them?
They make it so that the people they are screwing have to pay for it.

While they are busy "saving the environment", who is busy saving us from THEM? People need to start banding together and play by the same rules these assholes play by. They think it is perfectly legal ( or politically correct) to sabotage any thing they want to in the name of the environment. Half of them have less hygene than a grizzley is use to anyway, with the hair, the dreadlocks, etc.

Or else they are the wealthy, whose Idea of getting back to nature is on the couch with their big screen TV, tuned to some " trendy" outdoor trekky channel and admire their new HUMMER 2. ( Which you really need especially in a City don't we?)

Terrorists only wish they could screw up North America the ways these wackos do on a daily basis.

For all of the good Canadians, give those environmental assholes hell.

As far as Derf says about Migrating to the USA, as long as you are some 3rd world moron, the door always seem to be open down here for those clowns. Our democrats don't want anyone respectable unless you are an environmentalist asshole like they are.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As bad as it is getting you should still count your blessings. It is worse just about everywhere on this planet. The problem is too many people. We are only 30 million people living in this huge country. Think about the US, 300 million in a country a lot smaller. We are getting backed into a corner and the corner is getting smaller. In the future it will get worse as more people move here to get away from the teeming metropolises only to turn it into something convienient like they moved away from. They come here because it is wilderness they they want it paved with every service you could imagine, then they want the mosquitoes removed, then they build trails everywhere, the helicopters come with their skiiers, photographers, hikers buzzing over the mountains non stop. They feed the animals and want hunting stopped because they find it distasteful, then they call fish and wildlife when animals become a problem. They build monster houses and resorts in all the wintering areas and wonder why so many animals are hit on highways and complain when they eat their rose bushes. They build a subdivision next to a farm then complain about the smell and the price of meat at the same time. Meanwhile the old residents of the area who lived there when it was real wilderness are priced and taxed out of the market and move away to some area where there is farms and clearcuts just to get away from these resort areas.

All I can say is get used to it as these things are not going away they will only get worse. The only thing I can suggest is to go to a place between the cities where these people come from and the spectacular places they seem to be going to and urbanizing and you can find places seldom bothered by these types. They might stop for gas on their way through, although they might be scared of the pick-up with guns in the rack at the next pump. They still exist.

Posts: 372 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Someone I know is thinking about creating a site just for the outdoors people who want to know what the greenies and the peta puta's are currently up to. If it goes ahead I will tell you all where to find it. derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is a good one, "peta puta", I will have to borrow it if you don't mind.

As far as "greenies" go, I am sort of a "greenie", having been involved in wilderness/wildlife conservation since 1960. It's tragic that the radical, lunatic fringe has so impaired the environmental movement that those of us who essentially founded it, in post-war terms, would never refer to ourselves as "environmentalists". Of course, a very famous British Columbian battalion that served in WW1 with great sacrifice and heroism, the 92nd Battalion, The Gordon Highlanders of Canada, were, at the time, known as "The Gay Gordons"........

As some of the posters pointed out, the root of this problem is and continues to be post-war immigration and the attitudes toward the natural environment, authority and our traditions that all too many immigrants have. Certainly, the world is over-populated and SOME immigrants are beneficial to any society, but, the current situation is bad and getting worse.

The good, old days of gunracks in pickups are gone forever, I am afraid, too bad, I remember a Canada so superior to that which now exists that I can hardly believe the change; I am sure many Americans feel the same way. In short, liberalism is the problem and the enemy is in front of us.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please feel free to use it. And I should have said Animal Rights Wacko's rather than greenies. Can I blame that on being overtired at the time?? derf