New
Find
Notify
Tools

police records/PAL
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I downloaded the application for PAL and phoned the CFC about the requirements for a non-resident PAL. I"m challenging the RPAL AND PAL in August(while doing my bow ed! Smiler)
I need a police background check from here in the UK, and I have one from when I put in my immigration application.
I"m wondering about my conviction for "driving without due care and attention".
This is a relatively minor charge, but it"s printed on my police background check. Am I worrying for nothing, or will it make any difference?
good shooting

Posts: 669 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would not worry about that charge .the charges that they red flag are violent crimes with domestic violence at the top of the list.

Posts: 113 | Location: canada | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are interested in any criminal charge, but particularly the violent ones.

The charge you were convicted of would be a provincial offence here, like careless driving. Same as a speeding ticket, for all intents and purposes. It's not going to affect your application.

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,
So I"ll be ok so long as they don"t start to find the bodies? Smiler
good shooting

Posts: 669 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Driving with undue care and attention is just a traffic offense around here. Good for a fine and a couple of demerits. We gave up hanging people for that, a while ago. Big Grin Since you're from out of country, I'd just take the course. Only takes a day and some of their quirky ideas may not be what you're used to.
Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of mastoid007
posted Hide Post
Was at a RCMP detactment today for a criminal record check on someone wanting to join our local gun club.A drinking and driving offence is the only thing that come up.They didn't care.

Posts: 12 | Location: nova scotia | Registered: 30 December 2007Reply With Quote