THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CANADIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Canadian Hunting    Second annual GReat Canadian Big Bore Shoot

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Second annual GReat Canadian Big Bore Shoot
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted
Thought I would start to get the ball rolling for our second annual Big Bore Shoot. Last year was at Rocky Mountain House but I think Dave had a place in BC that would work as well.

So I am just starting with a few questions to try and get the ball rolling as it were. As with last year we are going to try and make it before everyone is off on summer holidays.

Please post comments below Smiler

Question:
When

Choices:
Early April
Late April
Early May
Late May

Question:
Can you make it?

Choices:
Yes
No

If you have that much to fight for, then you should be fighting. The sentiment that modern day ordinary Canadians do not need firearms for protection is pleasant but unrealistic. To discourage responsible deserving Canadians from possessing firearms for lawful self-defence and other legitimate purposes is to risk sacrificing them at the altar of political correctness."

- Alberta Provincial Court Judge Demetrick

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Lonny,

We were thinking maybe Williams Lake this year....there is a fella that used to post here that was interested in attending that has a friend with a private 1000 yard range near Williams Lake...we can check into that.

Also there is a few guys in that neck of the woods that really, really want to come. Smiler Its an 11 hour drive for me, but...

We can do another poll on the location once we get a couple options narrowed down. Last year Alberta made sense because we have more members from AB than anywhere else....unfortunatly most of them DIDN'T attend (you know who you are! Razzer Wink ).

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
Yeah,
That's the range that I was thinking of. I figured I might as well get the ball rolling and start getting some interest generated before people made other plans Smiler. It would be a drive for me too but after what all the BC guys did last year I thought it was my turn to drive too.

If you have that much to fight for, then you should be fighting. The sentiment that modern day ordinary Canadians do not need firearms for protection is pleasant but unrealistic. To discourage responsible deserving Canadians from possessing firearms for lawful self-defence and other legitimate purposes is to risk sacrificing them at the altar of political correctness."

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will try and make it.

Williams lake is less than 1000 km's from Edmonton, I just did that drive last week.

Posts: 187 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: 15 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Cariboo
posted Hide Post
If you have it near Williams Lake I will probably show up.
I personally don't know of any 1000 yard ranges - private or otherwise- in the area though. A number of us do practice long-rang on a piece of crown land near the former CFB Chilliwack military training range at Riske Creek.

Posts: 277 | Location: McLeese Lake, B. C. Canada | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, for early May, as Late May is excellent "Yogi" season. Maybe this is the year I nail a Biggy!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
P.S. Canuck32, I "volunteered you for another shoot.
Scroll down untill you see my plan for you. Cool

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
I think you guys are trying to see if I can get hurt BOOM, Although I am game for just about anything rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of PoppaW
posted Hide Post
I guess I was one of those alberta guys moon My wife wanted me at the birth of our child so I couldn't make the shoot. Sorry guys. Any time is a gamble depending on specific dates and how it lines up to my shift. I would love to come.

WOODY
Everyone is allowed an opinion, even if its wrong.

Posts: 419 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 10 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
I missed last years shoot due to a time conflict on the last weekend in April. I will have the same conflict again this year, so I voted early May.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's gonna piss you off!
www.ceandersonart.com

Posts: 574 | Location: The great plains of southern Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would love to go just as long as work does not interfere. I didn't show last year because I didn't own a big dog in April. Williams Lake would be quite a drive for sure.

You don't have to be the best shot....Just the last shot.

Posts: 126 | Location: Peace River, Alberta | Registered: 27 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of axle
posted Hide Post
I apologise for not makeing it last year , last minute work schedule conflict. However this year should not be a problem, any of the above times will fine as long as I have enough time to book the days off.

ax

meat is murder..... tasty,tasty murder

Posts: 79 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 02 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 470 Mbogo
posted Hide Post
Just let me know when and where and what I can do to help make it happen. Chris and I will both be there.
Dave

Posts: 1247 | Location: Sechelt B.C. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
I will only attend if there is beer available...Smiler

375 Ruger- The NEW KING of the .375's!!

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
note-to-self: Bring more beer. Lots more.

Smiler
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doubt if I can make it fellows, sorry.

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of axle
posted Hide Post
so any thought on setting a date?

Posts: 79 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 02 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by axle:
so any thought on setting a date?

Early May has a 53% lead. Say 9-10 or 11
Anyone looking into a venue in The Puddle?
I can make some calls, Chilcotin Guns might be a good place to start.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, sorry I took so long, just talked to the rangemaster for Williams Lake.

May 2,3,4 are booked by the Archery Club so no go.
May 9,10,11 are open right now as well as the long weekend.

Range fees are $100 per day. Campers, etc are welcome to overnight.
He says we can rig a standing bench with the others as well.

An aside note, he mentioned a British guy around there who owns a 577 British double, he hasn't seen him in a while though.
That would be COOL!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If we can agree on a date soon, that would be great, as the windows might close.

One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
9-10-11 sounds good to me. Big Grin

Thanks, for your help 366

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck32:
9-10-11 sounds good to me. Big Grin

Thanks, for your help 366

You're welcome.
I'm good for that Saturday & Sunday (10th to the 11th) as well.
Anyone else?

One of Us
Picture of axle
posted Hide Post
9-10-11 are perfect for me, I have other plans for the long weekend.

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
axle, I am a little surprised. Smiler I didn't think you'd get permission for leave that weekend.

I am not sure I can make a shoot on 9-10-11. Reason is, axle's "other plans" for the long weekend have forced me to move prior my plans for that weekend...most probably to the 9-10-11. In case no-one else has noticed, the 11th is also Mother's Day.

I'll see what I can work out, but at this time I am a tentative "no" for the 9-10-11.

Canuck

one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't make any dates in May.

Going to be busy around the farm.

Maybe next year...

Posts: 187 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: 15 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd love to go, but will be working in Indonesia until late May. - dan

"Intellectual truth is eternally one: moral or sentimental truth is a geographic and chronological accident that varies with the individual" R.F. Burton

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about June? Days are longer and nicer. Crops are in, bear hunting is pretty much wrapped up.

One of Us
Picture of axle
posted Hide Post
June would work for me , makes sense if more people can make it

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I think I'd be OK later in June.

There is a big bore shoot in Helena MT on June 7 that I am hoping to attend.

Cheers,
Canuck

One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
I could make June 14-15 or June 28-29. The other two weekends are out for me.

The truth will set you free,
but first it's gonna piss you off!
www.ceandersonart.com

Posts: 574 | Location: The great plains of southern Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can make it.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FFS!!! Eeker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last half of May or anytime in June is good.Wy guess is bring lots of ammo correct? Regards Dan

Posts: 201 | Location: Mackenzie BC | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Folks....

won't be able to make it this year Frowner
MRI slated for the 1st of May - which means more surgery - on top of the 5 since Sept. '06. Last one was just two weeks ago.

Hope all those attending have a great time...and PLEASE have a few bubbly pops for me!

archdlx

Posts: 100 | Location: Edmonton & Wabasca, Alberta, Canada | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of axle
posted Hide Post
so, are we still on for May 10, or are we posponing until June?